It was a BIG sigh of relief by Mark and I as we found out today that Mark does have his job for next year. I'll say it again, prayers are answered. On Wednesday Mark's school district announced how many jobs they were cutting this year, 143! 11 million dollars! CRAZY!! That is not all teachers of course but there will basically be no support for teachers so good luck to parents with children who have special needs.
I do not want to go into all the messes Mark's school district (or public education as a whole) are in. I could not in good conscious encourage any college student to go into education currently. We are just so relieved and thankful that he has a job. Now we just have to wait and see how much our insurance goes up while he is still on a pay freeze.
At his old school, the one he liked, there will likely be 2 Social Studies positions available (I don't' understand how there could be job positions when they just cut so many people but I guess they got rid of teachers they should have like ones who really do not teach well) so Mark will definitely apply to them. It's sort of annoying that they hired him, then he had to move to fix their miscalculations and now if there was a job he would still have to interview for it instead of just getting his original job back.
Anywho, the point of this was to just to say how thankful we are that he has a job!
*As a side note, I did not get up early to watch the Roayl wedding but loved her dress! It was fun to look at pictures. History can be exciting!
4 days ago






2 comments:
so glad to hear Mark's job is secure. That would be cool if he could get back to the school he likes better.
Yeah! I'm so glad he has his job.
Post a Comment