Monday, June 25, 2012

No camping for us this summer



Mark took this picture of tonight's sunset with the Waldo Canyon fire. The fire started on Saturday and has currently burnt 4500 acres.  It is near Manitou Springs which is like 25 minutes away from us.  Fortunately for us, I- 25 is between us and the fire so we aren't in danger from it.  Growing up in Northern California I am no stranger to summer fires although, Southern California always seemed to have it worse then us up North.  There have been really high winds today and through out the weekend so that is not at all helpful. 
Lots of people love going camping in the summer which I do enjoy but my favorite part of camping is having a campfire. I am pretty sure there is going to be a ban on campfires this summer so we will definitely not be going.  I heard that this summer was supposed to be one of the hottest for Colorado Springs so that is another good reason to not go camping.  Only 98 days till October 01. Sigh.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Wow, I didn't realize you were that close. They are banning fire works here again this summer. Sad. I need to come up with some new non-fire fireworks for next week.