Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pre birthday celebrations

We celebrated Lydia's birthday on Monday since Mark had the day off. We celebrated with a trip to the zoo, delicious cake and a major photo shoot.  Poor Lydia celebrated her official birthday (Wednesday) by cutting a new tooth which brings the total up to 3.  It made for a sad first birthday today so we were really glad we celebrated on Monday.


 I made Lydia a number one cake just like I did for Jared. 


Lydia and Jared had similar reactions to their cakes.  Their birthday cakes were the first real dessert items they ever had. Lydia ate a little more then Jared but in the end she just dropped it on the ground. I chose to not take offense.









I made Lydia's TuTu for one of her presents.  It costs about 10 dollars and was very easy. I looked up lots of tutorials and will probably make her some more. I am thinking a Fourth of July one would be super fun.  I may wait and see if she actually likes wearing it though.
We love Lydia to pieces and are so happy she is in our family.  It was really sad that she was so sad today for her actual birthday so I am so glad we had a fun day Monday.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Cute little girl! I can't believe she's one! I love the Tutu. MM is into dressing up, maybe I'll have to try and make one for her!

Linda said...

I am behind in reading blogs, so forgive me for the late comment! First off... Happy birthday to your beautiful baby girl! The tutu is adorable!! Kudos to you for making it! I love the pictures of you and Jared reading your scriptures on the bed. Super cute! Looks like the balls in the bathtub were a blast! You are such a fun mom!