Monday, May 6, 2013

My one good thing about wind

Colorado is way more windy then I thought it would be.  I knew Idaho and Wyoming were windy but I did not know Colorado was. March-early May are quite annoying because you will get warmer days but then this wind comes down from the North and majorly drops the temperatures. But with wind comes kite flying opportunities which is what I think wind is the best for.
We had a warmer and not super windy day last Friday so we decided to spend some time at the park. Mark's school had yet another teacher development day but this time he got to leave around 1:00 instead of the normal 3:30 (Not that he gets home at 3:30 but that is when he can leave. He normally gets home around 4:00-4:30. My favorite part about Mark being a teacher is the early end times; way more then the summers off because they are daily thing not a random 2 month thing. End tangent.)

We headed to the park enjoyed our snacks, the sunshine, and the perfect kite breeze.

 
 
 
Lydia was happy to follow Mark around while he flew the kite. She ran all over that slowly turning green field. Colorado Springs (and most other places in Colorado) have been in drought conditions for as long as we have lived here (2008 WHAT!?! 5 years!! Its been 5 years since we came hom from Egypt...CRAZY.) so the city is on water rations. Parks don't turn really green until closer to the end of July after there have been some decent summer rainstorms. It is so weird to me, especially coming from California.  The grass here in springtime looks like the grass in California in the winter.  But our summers are so much nicer then California summers.
 


 
It seems like Jared has been trying to climb up slides forever.  This day he finally did it and was beyond thrilled. He was so proud of himself.  I know he has done it a few other times but this day he could consistently climb all the slides at that park. Even the tall curvy one. It's really fun to see your kids accomplish something (even if it is just climbing a slide, which I really didn't encourage because he will only be told not to once he gets to school, I speak from hours of recess duty experience) they have been wanting to and working on.
 
 
Lydia loves swinging.  We never did the infant swing thing so its a pretty new thing for her especially since she had to wait through this winter to experince it. I can't believe it is already the first week of May.  One more month and 2013 will be about half over then only 4 more months till September and you know what that means.....  FALL! Yes, I totally just skipped that whole summer season. But I will have a good attitude and I will find fun things to do!

1 comment:

veryterry said...

wind. ugh. usually I can't even bring myself to fly a kite in it anymore because it's so darn cold! Good for you guys getting out there and enjoying the pre-summer weather. I keep dragging my feet to start our garden cause I know how much work it's gonna be, but now is the time!
I can't believe it's already been 5 years since you guys moved there. Does it feel like home yet? ;)