Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

 While Jared, Lydia and I did this:






 

Mark did this:



 
 




Jared and Lydia especially love the three stepping stones Mark put down.

Then we all enjoyed his hard work with a delicious BBQ and root beer floats in our new backyard.  Mark did such a great job. We had grass back there but it was never high quality.  We get very little sunshine back there and the soil here is super sandy so the grass never looked nice and full or even very green. I do love grass but I am pretty excited about his new space. We thought about putting some raised garden beds back there but don't think we would get enough sunshine. As evidenced below what we have now is a vast improvement. It will be nice to sit outside and enjoy being with the kids as they play. It also should be really low maintenance which will be nice when we move elsewhere and try to rent out this place.

BEFORE:

No comments: