Monday, January 27, 2014

Room to grow

We bought Jared some new bedroom furniture last week. He was getting too tall for his toddler bed and Lydia no longer needs a changing table.  (We had a changing table/dresser combo that I loved) We went to three furniture stores hoping to find a deal. I knew I loved captain's beds, with the drawers underneath so that was our focus.  We ended up finding a great bed with a headboard and dresser.  We splurged and got him a pretty awesome mattress too. They didn't have all the pieces in that day so Mark went to go pick them up a few days later. They wanted to charge about 50$ for a delivery fee which we didn't feel like paying so Mark decide he would Make it fit. We thought we would borrow a friends trailer but Mark, who is very good at arranging things to make everything fit in tight spots got it all to fit.


H couldn't quite get the back door closed but was only off by an inch or so. Sadly for Mark our budget is not big enough to buy furniture that doesn't come in a box so he spent the evening putting it all together. We ate dinner and then he looked at me and said "I want to put Jared's bed together." It was 6:15 or so which did not sound like a good time to start this project but Mark really wanted too so that is what we did.  Since Jared's previous bed was a toddler bed we did not have any twin size sheets so while he started assembling, I got the kids in the tub than ran to the store to get some sheets for Jared.

 Mark did a great job and had it finished by 8:30.  Jared typically goes to bed at 7:45 so not too bad.

 There was a cute excited boy ready to sleep in his "Huge" bed. 


The thing I really like about these beds are the drawers underneath.  I wanted them so we did not have to buy a dresser but thought we should probably get the dresser anyway because if we later needed one I would want it to match.  It is sitting in a box in our living room waiting to be stored somewhere till we need it. Lydia got Jared's old dresser.  Right now she is in her crib with the railing off but we think we will keep the toddler bed for awhile then move her into it.  I think this bed will last quite a few years for Jared.  So I spent the next morning rearranging and reorganizing Jared and Lydia's room and which was so enjoyable. I sorted through toys and clothes and enjoyed every minute. These kids are growing up fast!

No comments: