We had really nice weather last week. It was in the upper 50's most of the week and on Saturday and Sunday it was around 65! Colorado Springs is a cold place, we have winters with awful wind but we also get these super nice spring like days a few times a month and we love them. I went running in the evening twice last week. It was great. We were playing outside on Friday and decided to have a picnic on the porch because it was 50+ degrees. I know a lot of people think that's still pretty cold but the sunshine was so warm and there was no wind, they loved it.
Saturday was even nicer than Friday so we spent the morning at the zoo and got lots of sunshine. It was awesome. Mark even went out to play disc golf with a friend. Although he goes out to play any day it is not windy and 40 degrees or higher. This week looks really good. All upper 50's until you get to Thursday where we have a 80% chance of snow and the high is 21. Then Friday it is back up to 53 degrees. Weather is so odd here.
Friday night Mark and I went out on another date.
*Tangent: Having regularly scheduled date nights was one of our goals for this year and every year after. We planned out a date night for every week through April. Each month we go "out" to the temple and the Philharmonic performance and then do date nights at home for the other weeks. This week is board games with our favorite snacks at home. End tangent)
We went over to the nearest high school and watched their Varsity basketball game. It was so much fun. Seriously. We don't really know any of the players and don't have a real connection to the school but loved going. The middle school Mark teaches at feeds into this high school so he knows a few of the admin and faculty and he saw some old students but there is no real connection to the basketball team. Mark really enjoys basketball and it is my preferred sport to watch. It was fun to see Mark get so into it and to hear him cheering and jeering at the refs. We did find out that our stake president's son is on the team, second string and we ended up sitting right in front of him. He was hilarious and ultra competitive which I never would have known until I heard him at the game and heard some stories from Mark. On Sunday I had a stake training and he was conducting/teaching so it was strange to think of him at the basketball game and then in this church setting. The home team won and what was as much fun as the game was the conversations it started between Mark and I. I will completely support Jared and Lydia should they have a desire to play sports but it sounds super stressful to me. I have always been wary of team sports. I never wanted so many other people counting on me to not mess up. It would also be hard to watch them play and then lose all the time or to not get mad at referees. Maybe they will choose tennis or cross country or even swimming? Mark and I had a great time and it was a pretty cheap date. He gets in for free since he is a district employee so it was an even better deal. I didn't realize how much more I enjoyed basketball games to football games until my senior year in high school. Since I was on the color guard team all 4 years I was required to go to every home football game and perform at half time. I didn't mind it but football seems to take so long. Basketball is much faster paced and a lot warmer. I am so happy we are having these set dates. Not just watching a show and eating ice cream although we enjoy those too.







No comments:
Post a Comment