On Sunday we went for a walk after church. We drove up to our old neighborhood because they have nice wide sidewalks and a trail by a little stream (Its not a pretty stream but there is water in it). Our neighborhood is one of the most boring neighborhoods to walk in so if we are going on a family walk I always try to get Mark to go somewhere else nearby. It is silly but it makes the walk more enjoyable. Its nice to see new things too. We recently switched out our double jogging stroller for a single so Jared has been walking a lot more with us. As we were walking on Sunday I told him it was training for Disneyland this summer. He had a super good attitude and did pretty well. We are all really excited for our LONG road trip this summer. We are stopping in Las Vegas, San Diego, Disneyland (LA), Yuba City, Medford, OR, Portland OR, Seattle, WA, and Saratoga Springs, UT. Yeah, we will be gone from home for just over a month. It will be awesome and exhausting but we have a lot of family to visit on the West Coast. I have showed Jared some video clips of Disneyland and Sea World so he can know what they actually are and so he can see that we will be walking around a lot and waiting in lines a lot.
On Monday we went out for a walk for an FHE activity. We had Jared ride his bike while Lydia stayed in the stroller. I keep wanting to get bikes for Mark and I so we can go on bike rides together but I keep thinking of reasons not to. One being that we do not have a place to store them since we don't have a garage. We could keep them on the porch but it looks so cluttered with bikes there and so much of the year we wouldn't use them they would just sit there. One day when we have a garage bikes will be one of our first purchases! So back to Monday. Jared has never really ridden his bike anywhere but our little parking are/the sidewalk in front of our house so he was pretty pumped. He did great stopping at corners and had fun pretending stop signs were gas pumps. We spent some quality time at a park that morning an it was just nice to be outside without jackets and annoying wind.
Maybe the weather is making us feel more random too. Mark's spring break is the last week in March and the first week in April. We were not planning on going anywhere since we will be driving so very much this summer but we decided to go on a trip. We asked Mark's mom is she could watch Jared and Lydia for us while Mark and I go visit Virginia. It's not really that random if you know us well. I have wanted to live on the East Coast for as long as I can remember. Just like Colorado's weather is not that random for Colorado. So we are driving Jared and Lydia out to Utah for a week then flying to Virginia from Salt Lake. Tickets were actually cheaper from SLC so that worked out nicely. Jared and Lydia will stay with Sue Mon- Fri. while we go try to check out as much of Virginia as possible and spend a day in Washington DC. Isn't that sort of random too? Most people would go on a cruise or to some warm place for spring break but we want to go see some history and decide if Virginia would be a nice place to live. I was never big on beaches though. This August is also our 10 year anniversary so we are tying that into this trip too. Mark's school year here starts August 01 so now is a good time for us since we will be gone so much of his summer. We are excited and nervous/anxious. This will be the first time we have spent a night away from Jared and Lydia. I know they will be fine but I am such a what if person when it comes to things like this. I sort of wish Mark and I were on different flights so if one plane crashed they wouldn't lose both their parents. I know, random.
I knew if I sat down for a minute I would think of some things to write. I don't believe myself to be some great writer but I do really enjoy having this blog. I also found some random pictures from a trip to the zoo last month that I never got around to posting. They are from a random warm spring like day in February.
Jared especially looks forward to flying this plane when we go to the zoo. It overlooks the rhinoceros (that is never there when we are, always inside) and the elephants who are there about half the time.
My most favorite boys.
And Jared and Lydia still love the garbage truck although we haven't seen it as much lately so when it came earlier this week they were pretty stoked! We have been having some St. Patricks day fun as well but its almost St. Patricks day so I will just wait till we are done with our celebrations.








No comments:
Post a Comment