Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Shocked

Today Jared's preschool class went on a fun field trip to PetCo. I know so many people love animals but I have just never been that way. After walking around the store I feel even firmer in our decision to probably never have pets. I was happy Lydia and I could go on the field trip since it was on Wednesday and Tanner wasn't here. Normally they are on Thursday's and it is just harder to go places with three kids. It was a fun outing just long. We were there for like an hour and a half.  The kids loved seeing the animals and holding them. They held a tortoise race in an aisle and for some reason one of the tortoises really wanted to be where Jared was.  They kids lined up on the sides of the aisles with the tortoises in the middle.  The employee placed their food bowl a short distance away.  Neither one made it to the food bowl.  It took them awhile to start moving. Once they did one just kept moving towards Jared (he was the first in the line). After awhile Jared moved to the other side of the aisle and the tortoise followed him over there. It was weird and fun. Sadly Lydia woke up today with a runny nose and runny eyes.  We were already committed to the field trip so we went but she was pretty sad. She did pretty well (lots of tissues and her constant sad: "Nosee... Eyes...") until the very end.  We all met up at a park after the pet store to play and have a snack.  We only played for a little while since the store tour took so long.  Lydia tried to play but just wanted to cuddle. I let Jared play for about 10 minutes then we headed to the car. I got Lydia in her car seat and then she started throwing up. I was shocked! I didn't expect that at all. She just had a runny nose! We had pumpkin waffles for breakfast so you can imagine how disgusting it was. As if throw up isn't already completely disgusting. It was so sad.  I tried to clean up some but there was not much I could do.  As I drove home she just looked so exhausted and sad.  We got home and cleaned her up and put her down for her nap with no lunch. She spent most of the afternoon cuddling with Mark and me. We gave her some crackers when she woke up and she held them down fine. I am really not sure where that throw up came from.  I don't think it will happen again. It seems really delayed from Mark's illness Friday so I really think it's just a cold. She ate dinner really well and seemed sleepy but much happier. Hopefully she has a better day tomorrow.


I don't know how many times I have read this "Ariel!!" book the past few days. Ariel is Lydia's new favorite princess. We went to Costco the other day and found Frozen on sale for $14.00 and went ahead and bought it. We have never seen it and are very excited for family movie night Friday. Ariel may be about to be replaced.

So as I mentioned awhile ago we bought a fancy new blender.  We love it! We have a green smoothie every morning with our breakfast. Spinach, Kale and Chard + frozen fruit + flaxseed + coconut oil.  We love them! Jared and Lydia drink them like chocolate milk. It makes me so happy!  They would never eat any of those green things on their plate.  Jared doesn't even like fruit that much yet they love these smoothies. It has really helped increase their fruit and vegetable servings which was one of the main points of buying it. The other day I was making some orange chicken and orange rice for dinner and had forgotten to set up the frozen OJ concentrate for the rice. I thought why don't I mix it up in the blender? The motor is super strong and will mix it right up. Bad idea!! I poured in the water and concentrate and hit pulse. It was way too much liquid. The motor is so powerful it shot the lid off and therefore cold, sticky OJ splashed everywhere. Again, I was shocked! I was drenched in sticky OJ and that side of the counter was disgusting. If I ever do that again I will use one can of water. It would have been pretty funny to see I suppose. It was the frothiest OJ I have ever had.



No comments: