4 days ago
Thursday, June 12, 2014
2006 Hyundai Sonata
Back in November 2012 we bought (very cheaply) a car from Mark's bother Steve. It was an old car but worked fine for getting Mark to school and back (5 minutes away). I personally never trusted that car and only drove it once the whole tine we owned it. Before we came out to Utah we sold it (very cheaply) to some people in our ward. (They knew it was not the most reliable car so we didn't rip them off or anything he is a car guy and can fix stuff himself) We knew that whenever we got to where we were going we would buy another car to replace that one, (in like August) and had budgeted it and all that but the past few days Mark has been looking at cars online and found one he really wanted to test drive. So he went and test drove it today, loved it, brought it back for me to check it out (our kids were napping) then went back to the dealership and bought it! Just like that. Strangely enough his bother Steve who lives here in Orem also bought a car today.
So now we have two cars again. I am happy Mark found a car and it seems very nice and what we wanted and a good deal but I am not thrilled we bought it right now. Because now we have to drive 2 cars back to Colorado (double the gas money) and possibly tow this new car to Virginia should we get to move out there. (More Money, (yes still waiting, yes super annoying!)) We also are leaving Utah on June 21st and will be gone for 3 weeks so I hope his Mom is okay with a car just sitting outside her house. Oh and we will probably have to register the car here and wherever we end up which happens anyway but now we have to add it to our insurance and our insurance information is still with an agent in Colorado even though we do not really have an address there. I just wish we could have waited.
After I test drove the car (which I do like very much) Mark commented that I didn't seem very excited and admittedly I was not. To me knowing where we are going, where Mark would be working or even for sure where we would be living in Colorado in 6 weeks would be much more exciting. Also its not a car for me, it's for him. I am still quite happy with our Toyota Highlander. I never thought I would be that happy with a car but it's been so great. I guess I should just look at the positive and know that wherever we do end up we don't have to find a new car when we get there and that Mark is really happy with this car.
*Just to clarify I am not mad, I knew this could happen I just wish I knew where I was going to be living and possibly driving this new car in 6 weeks. That would be amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment