Sunday we went to church and then headed over to the San Diego Temple. This temple is so pretty. It's also huge and really hard to take a good picture of because we are not photographers so we just look so little. Jared and Lydia had fun walking around the grounds. We got there and the gates were closed but just a few minutes later (at 11:00) they were opened. A family with kids with similar ages to ours walked in with us so we took pictures for each other. Jared was thrilled there were two little boys (3 and 5) to run around with. It was nice to take them to another new temple.
After the temple we went back to the hotel (we had a different one for the next 2 nights) to check out and get ready for the beach. Lydia had never been to a beach or seen the ocean before and Jared hadn't gone since he was around 18 months so we were excited to see how they reacted. Jared loved it when he was 18 months old and they both loved it this time around. At first Jared did not want to go in the water, he just wanted to dig in the sand. i got Lydia down to the water and she was a little hesitant then decided it was pretty great. We all had fun playing in the water, running from waves and letting them crash into us. After awhile some seaweed/kelp floated over to where we were and Jared was not a fan of it at all. I don't really like it either. It just sort of creeps me out. I told Jared how I really didn't like it when I was little because it was so creepy and gross so I totally understood how he felt. The water was a really comfortable temperature. This nice man behind us offered to take our picture which made me happy, especially when I saw this article a few days ago. I don't love wearing a swimsuit but love playing with my kids so it is always worth it. He lives in that area (Carlsbad) and commented on how warm the water was. We were happy it was. We really had a great time and impressively none of us got sunburnt. I am quite pleased with how well we used our sunscreen for this Southern California part of our trip. No real sunburns at all. I am happy we could go have fun at the beach. I think I would like to take them to the beach when we head up to Oregon too, even though it is so much colder there.
We really had a great time!







1 comment:
I can tell that I'm going to love all the posts about your trip! I'm so glad you got to see the San Diego Temple! Isn't it GORGEOUS!! Your beach pictures looked like you had a blast! And you look amazing so don't stress about wearing a swimming suit! (Great article by the way too! :) Now hurry and post your Disney pictures!!!!! :)
Post a Comment