Friday, July 25, 2014

Seattle, Washington

After Medford we drove up to Seattle to se my brother Davin and his wife Tara and meet their cute baby girl Kaylee. She was born in October and we had not gotten to meet her yet.  I was expecting Seattle to be mid 70's with beautiful breezes but it wasn't! It was hot!  But we had some fun anyway and baby Kaylee is super cute.  We played outside, enjoyed a walk in the woods, stopped at the Museum of Flight and checked out Seattle and the Seattle Temple. Our visit there overlapped with my Mom's so we got to visit with her some more.

Cute Cousins:
We are so happy we got to meet Kaylee. Jared was really sweet with baby Kaylee.  Lydia did well too but there were times when she tried to take toys from her.  Jared and Lydia don't have a ton of exposure to little babies so it was fun to watch  them. It was odd to be the ones with the older kids I had to keep quiet for naps.  Jared and Lydia have always been the ones people have been quiet for. They did pretty well with that. They had a really hard time sleeping at night. Seattle is so far North it stays light forever! We all survived though.








Davin and Tara live North of Seattle in Mill Creek.  Jared and Lydia loved playing in their sprinklers. We also spent some time at a splash pad and park nearby. Near their house is a beautiful paved walking path right through a wooded area. Davin went on a "hike"with us on his day off. We started down the path and not 5 minutes in Lydia fell down and scraped her knee.  We were going to just call it good but I wanted to see more the trail so Mark and Davin took her back to the car and cleaned her up then we finished our little walk. I love paths like this and think every city should have them, wooded area or not.

 Lydia, Uncle Davin, Jared 






 Tara was kind enough to take us into Seattle on her day off.  Seattle has really bad traffic, another thing I was not expecting, (clearly I know nothing about this city I didn't even know it had been mostly burned down and rebuilt) but it is so pretty to be there right by the water. We decided the night before we were going to take "Ride the Duck" tour and my Mom was kind enough to take us.  Jared and Lydia were beyond excited to ride in the big duck bus and then to get to go out in the water. Jared of course loved his "quacker" too. I loved hearing the history of the city (seeing as I how I knew nothing about it) and being on the water. So pretty. We walked around for a few hours checking out the main sites: Pikes Market (which I kept calling Pikes Peak because of the mountain in Colorado), the Space Needle, and the disgusting gum wall alley.





These were actually younger kids taking sailing lessons. How fun would that be?  We saw the Sleepless in Seattle house and the whole time we were on the water I kept thinking about the movie "10 Things I Hate About You." It was one of my favorite movies. I still love it.

 Pikes Market:

 Tara got us some delicious donuts at this fun little stand. 
 It was fun to watch them being made in front of us.  

So gross! 
This is not even the main part of it. 

Museum of Flight:
Jared really loves the movie Planes so we spent a morning at this museum.  There are tons of planes on display and real ones o you can walk in outside. We enjoyed checking them out and "flying" them.  Outside they have the original Air Force One, (Eisenhower's) and a British Airways Concorde. Jared was very impressed by the Concorde and wishes he could have gone on it.  There was a little kids section with a helicopter and hot air balloon you could climb on and a hang gliding game. It was a fun place to visit especially for Jared.




 Working int the Control Tower. 



 The Concorde, its amazing how fast it was. 

 Space Section

 Hang gliding


 Seattle Temple:
In all honesty I kind of forgot there was a temple here! When we got to Davin's house we were talking about what we wanted to do and my Mom mentioned it so we decided to check it out. I am so glad we did. The grounds were so pretty. It was fun to go to one I had never seen before (and kind of forgot about).





We are so glad we drove up to Seattle.  It is a very pretty place and we loved visiting Davin and Tara.

1 comment:

Linda said...

You sure have had an amazing summer!! I've enjoyed seeing all the pictures of your adventures!!