Thursday, March 31, 2016

Easter

I love this printable I found online! 

And the bunny silhouette. Those are Jelly beans in the jars. 

 I will miss having decorations out. Our house always looks so bare after a holiday. Nad the last ones have been so close together. I mentioned thinking about when I would take this stuff down and Mark requested that it stay up for a good while. He was quite helpful with these banners, he's a keeper. 


Easter came up so fast!  We finished celebrating St Patrick's and went full speed into Easter.  I hope that they will be farther apart from each other next year.  Easter is a special time and I hope we can enjoy it more fully next year.  That being said we did get some great activities in. We did our Resurrection eggs, watched the Bible videos on the Atonement, Crucifixion, and Resurrection, listened to beautiful Easter music/videos online and went on a Easter walk/scavenger hunt that I saw online. We had some fun learning times, Easter egg hunts, traditional foods, egg dyeing and Easter baskets.

Friday I made our bunny buns and Saturday we woke up and did our family Easter baskets. Jared is at a point where we can get him anything Star Wars and he is thrilled, Lydia is much trickier as I don't feel like she has a "thing" that she loves.  The baskets were fun and the bunny buns delicious.  Lydia pretty much ate all her candy within the first 30 minutes of getting it, much like her stocking at Christmas. She was very concerned that Mark and I had not opened our eggs and kept bringing them to us.  When I put the eggs away I took Mark's candy from his basket and set it on the counter in the kitchen.  A few days later Lydia brings me a Ziploc bag with 2 unwrapped pieces of candy in it both with big bites taken out of them.  She bought me the bag and asked me to close it for her. I knew immediately that she had taken those bites out of Mark's candy.  Such a stinker! She did feel very remorseful.  She has such a sweet tooth! When I talked to her about it she did what she often does when she feels bad about something she did she sent herself to her room.  It was a sad moment for her to have to tell Mark what she did when he got home.





That morning we headed over to Greenleaf Park for an Easter breakfast potluck/Egg hunt I had organized with two other friends.  We had a great turnout with nice sunny weather.  I think everyone who came had a really nice time.  The park has some beautiful flowering trees and it was fun to hide the eggs and watch all the kids hunt for them.  That afternoon we dyed our eggs.  The weather was nice enough that we headed outside to our picnic table to dye them which really cut down the stress level.  Spill dye? No big deal we are outside.  Jared and Lydia enjoyed it.





I felt really clever hiding eggs like this. 




Maddie, Aprillee, Laura



Sunday we headed to church in our Easter best and then after church we went on an Easter Walk. I found the idea online HERE. We went over near UVA Research Park by our house and read certain scriptures and then each scripture had a correlating object to find.  Like something dead to represent Christ dying, something sharp to represent the crown of thorns and something alive to represent the Resurrection.  Jared and Lydia loved it.  It was nice to be out, reading the scriptures and having a hands on activity.  I am sure it will become a yearly tradition. It was not a nice Sunny Spring day so we had to bundle up to go but luckily were able to do it before the rain came.




Its all turning green again!

Find something Dark

Find something alive

We had our friends the Lenox's over for dinner which is always nice.  We had the traditional (for us) ham, rolls, funeral potatoes, green beans and broccoli.  I made my chocolate cadbury mini egg cookies and we had a great time visiting. We also met up with our friends the Shaw's and the Wooter's at Pen Park on Tuesday for an egg hunt.  Which Jared and Lydia loved and succeed in eating all the candy before we got home. Oh well, now its all gone which is great.




These swings are the coolest! I love them. 

Learning Time fun:


Feed the Bunny made a comeback. I think this is the 3rd year we have done this.  It has been fun to adapt it to their different learning levels.  This year I did teen numbers for Lydia and sight words for Jared.
This face!  I love it.  Side note: Jared lost his second tooth right before Easter too. 



Dissolving Peeps experiment: Water, Laundry detergent, Vinegar, Soda.  We were all surprised that the laundry detergent made it dissolve the most. It actually just left the brown eyes and nose.  What on Earth are those things made of? The soda made it look so disgusting, as if they are not already really gross.


Wobbly eggs: I hot glued some marbles in the bottom of the eggs and hot glued them shut so you could roll them and then they would pop back up. We had fun rolling them to see who could get it the farthest and just playing with them.


Onto some conference fun and then a nice break!  Its been a bit intense in 2016 so far.

No comments: