We have had some crazy weather the past weeks I do remember that much. One day I drove over to Fishersville (about an hour away) for an all day training for (you guessed it) my state license and that day we had several tornado warnings. I drove through pouring rain, scary dark clouds, crazy wind and ended the day with a beautiful full arched double rainbow and flood warnings. We did not have any tornadoes touch down in Charlottesville but there were some within 45 minutes of us. My friend Julie was kind enough to watch Lydia for me all day and then pick Jared up from school when she picked up her 2 boys. Jared and her son Tyler are best buddies and in the same class so Jared was pretty thrilled with the set up. Lydia and Julie are good buddies too and I know Lydia had fun with Julie. It was so nice of her to help me out. It was short notice too. I had called the licensing people to ask some questions and they asked me about the training and strongly suggested I attend this one because they are only offered once a month and with all the requirements I needed to get it out of the way. It was pretty boring and super long but at least I can check it off as done! That same week Mark and I drove up to Masanutten (35 minutes away) for a painful time share presentation. We did one of these right after we were married and this once was probably worse! It was so long and they were so pushy. I actually won a contest I entered at Panera bread which is how it all started. I thought it was just for 200$ in gift cards to Panera but it turned out to be the gift cards + a 75$ visa + 2 separate stays in condos here in Williamsburg/Masanutten or 3 options in Florida. I don't know when we will go on these trips but for us having accomadations covered will really help out. I am not sure if they will be worth the time we spent at the presentation, it was so bad but we will try to enjoy our trips. My friend Tara was kind enough to watch Lydia for us. It was weird to have 2 days in one week when other people watched Jared and Lydia. That rarely happens once a month so twice in one week was really strange. I am glad we got the presentation done so now when we go on our trips we will not have to sit through it and I am really glad I could get that training out of the way. Back to the weather. We also had more snow! We had one weird snow/ice storm and and we had some awesome Spring like days followed by more snow.
There was not very much snow so we couldn't really go sledding but we did a few runs down our side yard. Fortunately there were no injuries this time.
The ice was really interesting and really weighed down trees. We were sightly concerned about trees falling onto our house or blocking our driveway...
This tree is not this curved regularly. And the pine tree below is normally quite full.
One large branch did fall off of this tree (you can see it in the back) and around town you could see lots of downed branches. We were fortunate to not lose power. We really lucked out with these winter storms this year. The last storm was not very big, school wasn't canceled or delayed and they are pretty quick to cancel. It was my favorite kind of snow. We could watch it fall and some piled up but not very much and it just turned everything into a winter wonderland. It was so pretty.
To show Spring is coming, we noticed our daffodil stems pushing out. I am so happy to have my own daffodils growing. I hope they get enough sun to really sprout. When we planted them in Colorado only the bulbs on the edges got enough sun so of the 30+ we planted we would get like 5 I hope we do better here.
On one of the pretty Spring days we met up with some ladies from church and had a fun play date/picnic in the morning and then met up with Julie and her boys at Walnut Creek in the afternoon. Mark actually had the day off as Albemarle County asked the schools to close because it was the Primary voting day so lots of people would be at the schools. Mark and I went to vote, it took about 10 minutes for both of us and then got to play outside all day. It was really nice to visit with fun people and Mark got to play disc golf at Walnut creek so he was pretty excited. This coming week looks like full on Spring. It's hard to believe its March already. There are just 3 more months of school!
Awhile back, while reading the Friend magazine Jared noticed a fun project with paper airplanes. The idea was to make a plane and slingshot it from a board with 2 nails attached in it. He had been waiting patiently to make it and yesterday he and Mark got it done. I snapped this picture as I drove away to a baptism at church so it's not very clear. They drilled 2 screws into the board, attached a rubber band between the screws made their planes, added a paperclip to them and had a fun time "flying" the planes from the deck. Mark said that it ended up working pretty well. I think it will be a great evening activity with these warmer days coming up.
Some other things probably happened and we have some fun things planned for March so I hope I can finish up my state application and get my evenings back!











No comments:
Post a Comment