Saturday, March 12, 2016

Spring beginnings

Spring weather has made it to Charlottesville! We spent a lot of time outdoors the past week and it was lovely.  I wish it never got hotter than 75 degrees!  One day we met up with some friends after school to ride bikes. It was the warmest day of the week and our friends (the Shaw's) brought popsicles to share. It was a great way to start our bike riding/Spring activities.  Jared and Lydia have loved being able to go down in our "woods" and explore the creek and play in the fort.  We had some friends over Friday after school and together they collected at least a dozen empty beer bottles.  The previous owners apparently had some good times out back.  This is on top of the 10 or so we collected last summer.  These friends (the Farnsworth's) just got some lambs and needed bottles to feed them with so we got our woods cleaned up a little and they got some more bottles.  It turned out well for everyone. I am so happy we have this space for Jared and Lydia to explore.  


We took a trip up to Harrisonburg today to do some more roller skating.  (It was a cloudy cooler day so it worked out really well although I would go skating in any weather!) Lydia and Jared have been getting over colds this week so they both wanted to take more rests this time but they both had a great time. I love roller skating so much!  Mark and I even got to skate a few laps together which was fun. He was such a good sport.  He may have even enjoyed it a little bit.



 

 We met up with our friends the Lenox's and had fun skating around with them.  We are so fortunate to have such fun friends here.  They are most likely moving this summer and we will miss them so much! 

Lainey is my little buddy. 

Tara is for sure one of my favorite persons here in Charlottesville. 

On a less fun note, Lydia decided to try giving herself a haircut one day.  She and Jared were playing in the basement and then Jared came upstairs and told me what she did.  She cut a big chink out of her bangs and some off each side of her face.  Her hair was pulled half up so luckily you can't see where she cut her hair because it was the bottom layer but I couldn't believe she did it. I thought she would have done something like this when she was 2 or even 3.  It was super annoying.  I hope it grows back soon!


I am still working on my state license for preschool. I have gotten pretty much all of my requirements done and am waiting on the county zoning people and then I will submit my application and have my inspection. I need to find some other ways to reach people for advertising but I am working on it.  I keep thinking of how cool it would be to get enough interest to have 2 classes but will be so relieved to get enough for one. Mark and I did decide to send Lydia to the preschool over in Earlysville. They meet T Th F and have early drop off so it just matches up better. I just want to still have fun with her before she goes to school so I am going to go with them instead of the MWF school. We drove by the school again for her and she said it was now the one she wanted to go to so we will go with that.  She has been doing great in Sunbeams and has been really fun in preschool. I am sure she will do well. It will be a new experience for her.  She is starting swim lessons in April and this time Jared will not be in her class.  Jared is doing well at school too. He has really learned a lot about dealing with disappointments/not getting what he wants right away (it was so hard for him the first months of school so many tears!) and is doing so well with his reading and school work. I love hearing him read and seeing how he has progressed.  I feel like he has school pretty well figured out and enjoys it. He is a really nice kid and I am so happy to be his mom.  Both Jared and Lydia are really great kids.  

No comments: