Two Saturdays ago we went over to Greenfield Farm for some pumpkin patch fun. This is a cute little pumpkin patch in Ruckersville. I had already taken Jared and Lydia to Cox Farms but I wanted a chance to go together as a family and this little pumpkin patch was perfect for a quick outing after soccer. We enjoyed a fun corn maze, (my favorite part) a hay ride, playing in and on hale bales, petting animals, sliding and digging. It was nice to go with Mark and extra nice that it was only 15 or so minutes away. Good old fashioned pumpkin patch fun.
Not quite the same sliding experience as Cox Farms but they knew going into it that this pumpkin patch was not like that one. They enjoyed themselves plenty.




This week after soccer we decided to go on a Fall drive and combine it with a quick hike up in Shenandoah National Park. My friend Tara had recommend a 1 mile hike called Black Rock Summit and we were not disappointed. We were not the only people who had the idea to take a drive into Shenandoah but after we got past the entrance there wasn't much traffic at all. There were cars parked all over but we were lucky enough to get to our hike as 2 cars were leaving the parking lot so it worked out great. It was nice to see lots of people out enjoying the beautiful weather too. This hike was quick and easy and once you finish you come to some great rock formations that are perfect for scrambling on. I was having a hard time describing the leaves. I couldn't really tell if they had peaked or were about too. I am pretty sure they had because its so late in the season but it was such a hot summer and it stayed warm for so long that it is hard to tell. There was colors out but it was also really patchy. Certain spots just looked like the wind came through with one big gust and took all the leaves and other spots just down the road had trees full of leaves. It seems late for it to not have peaked like I said I am really not sure. Either way we found some pretty colors, saw some great views and enjoyed hiking and playing. Lydia loved the hike and kept racing ahead of us and Mark hustled to keep her in view. I had fun hiking along with Jared. He stayed right with me and held my hand tho whole time and I loved the one on one time with him. Once we got to the rocks Lydia started climbing around fine and then got completely scared and couldn't get off the rocks fast enough. Jared on the other hand could have stayed and climbed up and down and all around them for much longer. It was great to try somewhere new and I am sure we will be back. We love Virginia!

Truthfully, I loved seeing this many cars waiting to go into a national park.
No comments:
Post a Comment