
Saturday was the last day of Soccer for this year. Lydia and Jared both had fun this season and want to play again. I am grateful that Mark was willing to coach Lydia's team and for the patience he showed all those 3 and 4 year olds who can be pretty hilarious on the field. A few people on Lydia's team were quite aggressive which she was not a fan of and it had to be clarified that you want to help your teammates not tackle them and push them a lot more than you would think! Those kids sometimes had a lot of pent up aggression!! Lydia did learn a lot and got really good at dribbling the ball down the field. I didn't make it to the last practice on Wednesday but Mark said she scored 4 goals which is awesome. At the last game Saturday her team was split in half to play another team and she was pretty much the only one playing for her team, everyone else was busy forming a wall in the goalie box. I am happy she had fun, learned and didn't give up. I am super grateful for the coach Jared lucked out to get. Jared's coach did an awesome job and Jared really learned a lot. His coach was so patient and encouraging and did a great job rotating the kids out of positions and teaching them with useful drills and good sportsmanship. Lydia's group was ready to be done for the season a little bit before this week but Mark and Katie the assistant coach hung in there.
On Saturday the head "soccer organizers" brought juice, donuts and bagels for the kids and each player received a medal. I am happy to say that both Jared and Lydia played hard and earned their medals and love them. Jared was happy his team won the last game of the year and he even scored a goal. He really did gain some good skills this year.
Falcons
"Dragons!"
Jared's coach asking, "who wants a medal?"
Handsome soccer player!!
I'm glad it was a good fun season for them both and glad we are done, but truthfully not as glad as Mark.
No comments:
Post a Comment