I'm so happy October is here. We ended September with some great Fall weather and went out to enjoy it. Jared didn't have school Monday so we headed up to Cox Farms again. We drove up with the Lenox's and met up with some friends and had a blast enjoying the slides, apple cider, corn maze and hay ride. This was our 2nd time going and we were not disappointed. I had recommended it to a few families who came up to join us and they loved it too. It's just a fun place and this particular Monday seems to be there discount day (they did it last year too) so its only 6 dollars which is great. We met up with the Farnsworth's, Shaw's, and Lattin's. It was a party. I was worried it might rain but it just ended up being cloudy. It was cool at times but I much prefer that to bright, hot sunshine beating down on you when you are walking all over a farm. There were cute baby animals and no one got hurt or lost so it was a really great day.

Mark saw this picture and commented on how grown up Lydia looked.
Jared tired various lanes to see which was the fastest one. He decided it was Lane 5.
Tuesday Lydia and I headed up to Carter Mountain to pick apples for a preschool field trip. Again I was worried that it would be rainy but it turned out to be a beautiful morning. We picked our apples then met up for an apple snack (mini applesauce muffins) and some apple books. I am so grateful for the preschool families I have. They are awesome. It was a great field trip. Jared was supposed to go on a field trip to Liberty Farms on Friday but the bad weather caught up with us and they moved it to Tuesday of this week. I have preschool that day so I will not be going but I am sure he will have a great time.





We spent most of the weekend watching General Conference it seems. I made cinnamon rolls of course and Mark hosted a Priesthood Session BBQ, at which Jared kind of drove him crazy. It didn't help that Jared had been cooped up a lot of the day being still and quiet and that he had eaten so much junk food for conference treats. I would have taken him with me but we want him to have fun memories of priesthood session things with his Dad. Maybe next time. We did take a quick outing to ride bikes at the church between sessions on Saturday and while we were there Lydia figured out how to pedal and balance on her bike at the same time! It was pretty exciting. We are one step closer to family bike rides. For all I love about Charlottesville it is not a great place for bike riding but I have been looking forward to family bike rides forever and am happy we are getting closer. I feel like my family did a fair amount of family bike rides when I was growing up and I am excited to do it with my family. She was so excited to figure it out and can't wait to ride her bike again. The last time we rode bikes she spent a lot of time riding Jared's scooter and I wonder if it helped her gain confidence to try her bike. She hadn't ridden the scooter much before and had fun doing it so maybe she finally believed us that she would like riding her bike too? At any rate I am so proud of her and happy for her. While Mark was hosting his BBQ Lydia and I went out on a date. We stopped by Dominos and got some pizza and then headed outside for a pizza picnic. Mark never wants to order take away pizza. He likes our homemade calzones more but sometimes I just want junky pizza! I am happy that Lydia was wiling to eat it with me. After we ate our pizza we played at Broadus Wood. She wanted to swing on the swings so I got her going and then jumped on the swing next to her. I started pumping and talking to her about how to do it and she did what I said and figured out how to pump!! It was pretty awesome. Saturday was a big day for her! Figuring out how to ride her bike and pump on swings. She is growing up so well. We have been working consistently on her reading lessons the last 2 weeks and things are really starting to click. It's so helpful and nice when they are ready and want to learn, they can do it so fast. I remember Jared being this age, just before and at 5 and learning so many new things. It is fun to see it with Lydia too. Today at dinner she randomly started counting and counted up to 50 with no mistakes. She was supposed to be listening to Mark read the scriptures but probably felt like she had heard enough church talk for a day! This is a really fun age for learning. Hard to believe she will be 5 in 4 months. We went on a quick walk between sessions today and as she and Jared were walking ahead of Mark and I a little I just felt so much love and contentment about our little perfect for us family.

Conference treats and coloring.
I actually printed out some "grown up" coloring sheets for Mark and I and they really
helped me stay focused during conference. I love coloring.
No comments:
Post a Comment