Twinning with Jessie, a happy accident.
The littles (well not that little, half of this group is 6 now) getting a chance to jump their hearts out.
Happily there were no injuries that I was aware of.

Lydia roasting a marshmallow she then did not eat. I didn't mind.

I was impressed by Jared's roasting skills.
Someone else commented on how well he did and he said,
"I inherited my Dad's roasting skills." Burn.
Mark was there for the first 30 - 40 minutes but then headed over to the church for interviews and such. We were nervous we wouldn't get a fire going since it had rained 2 nights before and the wood was still damp but Mark succeeded.
It is sadly starting to be consistently warmer than I would prefer. The same day when we got home from school we made Lemonade. I did the activity with my preschoolers and had enough lemons left over to do it with Jared and Lydia too. I feel like it tasted better last year but they had fun and liked it.
Today was the first day the lakes/pools were open. Jared and Lydia wanted to go to the lake but neither Mark or I were feeling it. We had been running errands and it was already after 1:00 and we had somewhere we needed to be at 3:30. Fortunately I had bought some water balloons a few weeks ago so we had some fun with those. We tossed them to each other, launched them in towels and then bounced them on the trampoline. It was a fun afternoon. Much better than going to a lake or pool in my opinion. Definitely easier and more low key, although filling water balloons does take a decent amount of patience. I think we will spend the extra money and by the self tying balloons at least once this Summer. They were pretty awesome last year.
(Yes that it a toilet by Mark. Our basement is so torn apart! We are updating the whole bathroom, new shower, toilet, vanity, mirror, and flooring, more insulation and new paint. A whole wall of sheetrock has been taken down in the main room. Its getting new paint, insulation, electrical outlet boxes, (they were a scary fire hazard, most of the outlet boxes behind the wall had rusted away, a fire could have broken out and there was no fire barrier so it would have just rushed right into the upstairs!) and water vapor protection as water has been building up behind that wall. Lastly, new flooring and possibly paint in the hallway) People were working in there last night and are here again today. They have been since about 2:45. It really was a blessing our water heater burst so we could get this unexpected insurance money.














No comments:
Post a Comment