Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Mothers Day and old times

Mothers day was great.  I slept in for a bit and when I did get up Mark had crepes ready for breakfast.  He didn't have any pre-church meetings and we all enjoyed having him around. For dinner he made my favorite, orange chicken. I had actually planned to make something else for dinner, but a few days before Mothers day Jared asked me why we weren't having orange chicken.  It wasn't so much that I forgot it was Mothers day it just didn't occur to me that I should plan to have Mark make dinner.  I was very glad Jared brought it up.  Mark was in charge of picking the treat for Mothers Day this year.  He asked the sister leaders at ward council what they would prefer and they all said chocolate.  He opted to get a variety of chocolate candy bars and have the YW hand them out at the doors.  He was concerned about it not being "cute" enough but I think simple was good.  I was very happy with my Twix bar.


I do love being their Mom. 
A friend passed this suit coat and vest onto Jared.  He has never really had a suit coat and loves it.  The sleeves are a little short but he can enjoy wearing it a few times at least. 

While looking for a separate piece of information today I came across a video of my high school graduation posted on YouTube! These sweet kids sat down and skimmed through it with me.  I had a decent memory of where I sat in the ceremony (front row is pretty easy to remember.  I made sure to tell them it was because of my awesome GPA in school and tell them they can do it too!) and told them when to expect to see me and they spotted me as I walked in.  It was fun to watch some clips of it.  There were also highlights from senior grad night.  What a blast from the past!  I am posting it here with the times for future reference.  They could not believe how many kids there were at least as many as their whole school and that we had fireworks at the end.  It was pretty cool. 

Walk in: 14.55
Dipolma: 38.35
Senior grad night: 1.34.10 and 1.43.56

The other day Lydia came home from school and went straight to her room.  A few minutes later she came out wearing this:


An old Sunshine Generation costume!  I'm not sure if its mine or Susanna's but it was fun to see her in it.  It has been such a treat to share all my treasurers from my childhood with them the past months.  I wish could find a picture of me in my costume back in the day. I really thought I had one but can't seem to find it in our house here in VA. My mom has pretty much packed up all of the YC house, (her moving date keeps getting pushed back now it is set for May 31st) so it may be a lost cause but it would be a fun comparison.  Since I've been having preschool upstairs the preschool families are seeing lots of pictures of us.  Today one Mom commented on how much Lydia looks like me.  She has almost zero of Mark's looks.  Its been this way from the beginning really but especially since 3 to the present.  My Mom made the same comment when I sent her this picture of Lydia.  

1 comment:

jessietheleaf said...

Oh my goodness! That video made me happy, you were so little - but remember how you feel so old when you're graduating from HS? So fun and funny to find videos like that! Haha - that was awesome.

Also, I loved the variety candy bar idea. Thumbs up! I enjoyed my Reese's PB cups.