Orange Rolls and Cinnamon Rolls at Chris Greene. Lydia and Jared rode their bikes to the lake and I followed them in the car with our picnic supplies. It was a great morning to be out. They really like to explore this area by the water that they call Turtle Ledge as we have seen turtles warming up there. There is a tree they can climb on that juts out over the water and some rocks you can climb on. They wanted to eat there but it was too crowded and overgrown so we ate up on a hill near there that has a nice view.
Friday happened to be National Chocolate Pudding day so we celebrated with the classic treat, "dirt cups". I am not a big fan of pudding or gummy worms but Jared and Lydia enjoyed it. I suggested a few activities with chocolate pudding but they passed which is fine. We did go over the history of chocolate pudding and it was fun to learn about. I am a total geek about things like this. I recently discovered clips of "Unwrapped" on YouTube and introduced the show to Lydia and Jared. I loved watching that show so much growing up.
We went to a friend's house Friday to have dinner and to try out their new zip line. Their house is so fun. It definitely wins as the Cool House. We had a great time visiting with them and their zip line is really fun. We all tried it out and had a blast. Lydia was a little nervous to go the full length but also excited. After a few times she was brave enough to go all the way from the top of the line and loved it. We ended the night with chicken catching (Jared and Lydia), s'mores and firefly catching. It was a great Summer evening.
At the top
Her face shows how she felt about this but she loved it.
I was proud of her for going all the way from the top.
Middle
And the bottom
Right after I took this picture the chicken peed on Jared. He has the worst luck with animals.
They didn't stay out too long catching fireflies, as it was already pretty late when we got home and we had an early morning the next day but they are always happy to have a few minutes trying to catch some. They both caught one or two and then fell right to sleep when we got them settled. As much as I don't like Summer it is so much better now that Jared and Lydia are older and this was a really nice Summer evening.






No comments:
Post a Comment