Monday, June 29, 2020

Virus fighting with chalk bombs

I learned what chalk bombs were as I was looking for at home activities to add to our summer fun list.  The amount of effort required for these was more than I wanted but the outcome was great. They will for sure make another appearance this Summer.  Now that we've done it once I can better adjust for the effort and time needed.  Through a lot of trial and error Lydia and I managed to make 7 chalk bombs (water + cornstarch + food coloring + water balloons).  My hands were quite colorful after making these. 




The colors they left on the driveway were so bright and fun


Once we used up the chalk bombs we got out some regular water balloons and drew some targets on the driveway.  We also drew some corona virus's to take out.  If only it was that easy.  I drew this one without telling them what I was drawing, Lydia guessed it pretty quickly. 



Jared drew this monster virus. 


Thank goodness our driveway is mostly shaded. It was a fun activity. 


Jared also showed me this bird nest in our shed.  I was really surprised at how low it is and hope the eggs make it. 


No comments: