Friday, July 24, 2009

My Sweet Greeley Friends



Thanks fabulous U2 ladies!

On Wednesday some oh so kind friends threw a baby shower for Jared and me. It was very thoughtful of them. About 6 weeks ago the ward Mark and I were attending was dissolved so there went most of our associations with some really fun people. I was like 19 weeks along then and hadn't really told anybody that we were expecting, mostly just because I was paranoid and wanted to save myself from being asked how I was feeling... So I figured I wouldn't be having a shower since nobody really knew we were going to have a baby and we would most likely be moving. So that was a bummer but I figured we would probably survive, its just one of those things that you always (well I did) look forward to having one day. My mom really wanted me to fly out to California so she could throw me one but that just wasn't practical. (She was so sweet though (of course) and sent Jared a fun package that I had Mark open the night before the shower, its his child too so why shouldn't he get to open some presents?) Since school has been out I have been walking in the park each day with some girls from the old ward and one day two of them offered to throw a shower for me. (Thanks again Canide and Lindsay!)It was super nice of them and I really appreciated it. It was so fun to see everyone again and we got some cute stuff for Jared. It was sort of like a going away party as well because quite a few of us are moving away from good old Greeley in the next few weeks. Most of the people who came have children so there was a little box that they could put helpful advice in which I am sure I will use. There is so much to learn and I am pretty sure that it will mostly just be trial and error but I definitely appreciate the tips so if you have any ones that saved your life with your kids please feel free to leave them here.



Cute little boy stuff!



27 weeks



28 weeks today!

My mom also sent me some oh so cute maternity clothes which I have had fun wearing. I seriously don't realize how pregnant I look until I see a picture of myself. I swear I look totally different in our bathroom mirror. But I am feeling pretty good and at my Doctor's appointment Monday Jared and I were given a thumbs up! Everything is going well. I also did my Glucose test a few weeks ago and the results were fine. Hooray!

1 comment:

veryterry said...

So happy to see those pictures of you! I'm glad everything is going well and that you got to have a baby shower there. Hope everything goes smoothly with getting ready to move. Talk to you soon.