No, we are not going to Brazil although that would be fantastic! (Maybe in like 25 years when our kids are grown up we will travel internationally again until then...) But we did bring a little bit of Brazil here. Mark served his mission in Rio De Janiero so last night our friends the Alder's came over to help us cook up a Brazilian BBQ. He also served his mission there so with Jason and Mark combined we had an amazing dinner. When Mark and I began dating we met up in Provo one weekend and Mark really wanted to take me to his favorite restaurant called Tucanos. The restaurant is a Brazilian BBQ place and they bring over skewers of delicious meat and slice off pieces for you at your table. They also have amazing roasted pineapple. If you are ever in the area (Orem) we totally recommend it. So last night we created our own Tucanos.

Jason and Mark with our Brazilian dinner. They did a great job cooking the meat.
Jason served in Southern Brazil and these dinners were huge there. Lots of people had fancy BBQ pits in their backyards there so he learned how to flavor the meat and cook it on skewers.
(I don't know what is the deal with the glare I think it might be time to buy a new camera.)

Mark and Jason BBQ'd ham, pineapple, steak, and sausage.
We had black beans and rice which apparently Brazilians eat at almost every meal.
Mark made some really good limeade which we threw some frozen strawberries into, also very popular in Brazil.
And some fresh fruit salad cut up by yours truly.
It was all so yummy! Especially the pineapple. Just a little brown sugar and then roasted on the BBQ.
I never ever ate black beans until Mark and I were married. Now it seems weird to not have them when we have Mexican food.These are Mark's Brazilian flip flops, Havianas. (Notice the flag of Brazil on them.) He actually got this pair in Egypt which we thought was really random but made Mark happy. Jason had brought over some Brazilian music and we had a great night.
OPA!
OPA!








2 comments:
Oh yummy yummy yummy! That is one thing the East coast does not have! Or Idaho! It's one thing I look forward to when we go to UT!
Grilled pinapple! MMmmmmm...That was my favorite at Rodizios (did I spell that right?)Good stuff.
p.s. I'm super excited about the fabric we got for Jared's quilt. :o)
Post a Comment