September 16th:
My sister Susanna had her baby, Lyra Cherie Terry. If Jared comes right on his due date they will be exactly one month apart. (I tried to upload a picture but it didn't work, she is a cute little girl with lots of dark hair!)
Super Saturday:
I went to our ward's Super Saturday and made some cute crafts. I am not a terribly crafty person but feel pretty good at how these turned out. There were lots of classes but I only signed up for the one thinking that I would get it all done in about 2 hours, it ended up taking me the full 4 hours to finish them! But I can't wait to put them out. There were all these people who signed up for all the classes and I am so grateful that I just signed up for this one. I think it is supposed to be a fun relaxing day not a marathon running around overwhelming yourself but to each their own.
I think it took so long because I had to give them 2 coats of paint and wait for them to dry then do the paper and then mod-pauge (spelling??) them so lots of drying time. But they are fun and as you all should know I love to decorate for the holidays so they will be put to good use.
Jared!
Of course he hasn't come but we did get his "room" all set up. Its not like we did that much since we are in an apartment and will probably not live in it at this time next year. But we unpacked all the toys, clothes, and supplies we have for him and I found these really cute storage containers that can either grow with him or when we have another baby we will use them. We will see how they work with him. Should we have a girl next we could just find some purple (preferably) ones or we did see some pink ones which would be cute with the sage green. We set up the pack n play and have our car seat. I also packed a little hospital bag for him.
There is a great story about this blanket. My oh so talented sister Susanna made it for Mark and I before she knew we were pregnant with Jared. In April we went to visit them in Rexburg and when we got there Mark asked, totally out of the blue if she had ever seen fabric that had a map of the world on it and if she could make it into a blanket. She gave him the funniest look and went to their closet and brought out this blanket already made. Mark loves it and can't wait for Jared to be old enough to lay on it and be quizzed about geography.
Some really nice sisters in the ward also threw me baby shower last week so that was fun and very thoughtful of them. I think we have gotten all that we felt we should have before he comes and are anxious for his arrival. I also attended some classes at the hospital: breastfeeding, new baby care, and today I am going to Infant CPR. Mark and I went to our Pre-Admit appointment yesterday so when the time comes we can just get checked right in. I am also planning on cooking double portions of some of our dinners this week so we have them in the freezer.
We also went out to eat last Friday in case it was our last date without having kids. We should be able to go again as there are still over 2 weeks till the 16th but in case Jared decides to come sooner we thought we would document it.
FALL:
We have had awesome weather the past week or so and so on Sunday Mark and I went on a drive up to the mountains to check out the fall colors. Lots of trees had changed but only to yellow. Its mostly just aspens where we went to. It was beautiful of course and made me smile. We figured this week was our best chance to see the change.
Its been a great month and I can't wait for next month, my favorite month of the year.









6 comments:
Sounds like you're all ready! How exciting!
I need to get as ready as you are...what an inspiration.
And I like October, too.
Good job on getting Jared's bag packed! Just don't be like us...we didn't plan on needing to quickly get out the door for Jane, but we did, and in all the rush we completely forgot her bag! A friend had to stop by our house and bring it to us in the hospital.
They have matching fabric of the USA too. Burp clothes anyone.
I am so excited! His room looks great!
Now why can't my stake do something like that? i count on those things to do "creative-crafty" things. it's best during a planned amount of time. the "crafty thing" we're doing is some dumb chunky bracelet watch. blech. the blocks are very very cute! and kid-friendly, they are very hard to break! i may have to try making them!
I like reading your blog, it makes me smile! And really happy!
Post a Comment