Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New Recipes!

I love trying out new recipes! Having the time to look through cookbooks and try new things has always been something I wanted to do be able to do but never did while working full time. Since Mark has started working and I am not then I have had some fun trying out ideas. Unfortunately I tend to be more enthusiastic about trying out new desserts more than anything else and it wouldn't hurt us to have some new dinner ideas so I will try harder to get interested in those. The fun thing is that since I don't want to have all kinds of desserts around the apartment I send them to school with Mark and it cheers up the other teachers days although they might not really like having desserts around all the time either. Oh well.
Today I made a Lemon Pudding Bundt Cake and put a Raspberry Glaze on top of it. Mark really likes these Lemon Raspberry muffins that I make so he suggested the raspberry glaze and it tastes great. It it so light and I think that cakes in a Bundt pan are quite fancy. While we lived in Egypt a good friend lived across the street from us and I always asked to borrow her Bundt Cake Pan. I am happy to say that I now own my very own Bundt Pan and look forward to many more Bundt Cakes.



We were just really excited to eat it so I took the picture after. Aren't Bundt Pan Cakes so fun?

The other day I went into Hobby Lobby to look for some stuff for Mark's classroom and had so much fun walking down the cake decorating aisle. They had bundt pans shaped like football stadiums and castles and cupcakes. The ideas out there for all kinds of cakes/cupcakes/candy are endless. I love stores like that! They had also just put up all the fall decorations so they were so fun to browse through! (I can't wait!!!) I have always wanted to be the mom who had the cool snacks for her kids when they got home from school, I know I won't have much time and wouldn't want to serve cake for snack anyway but its fun to see what is out there.

I also found this really cool website today that has great tips for baking. http://www.baking911.com/

No comments: