Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mail

I love getting mail! Having gone without real mail service for 2 1/2 years once upon a time in my life I really appreciate The United States Postal Office. I don't even mind the long lines that are often there or the fact that stamps increase in price every year it feels like. (Maybe I do mind that a little are they trying to make those of us who still try to send real mail stop?) Since Jared has joined our family we have been getting lots of fun cards and packages which makes me like the mail system even more. Well yesterday Jared and I went on a little walk (in the beautiful 60 degree sunny fall weather) and stopped to get the mail and we got the funniest letter in the mail. As you may recall about 6 weeks ago we got a letter in the mail from a local Toyota dealership expressing interest in our 2007 Corolla because they had a shortage on their lot. Well yesterday we got a letter in the mail from the same dealership expressing interest in our Toyota Highlander because they had a shortage on the lot and if we were interested we could bring it in and trade it in for a 2008 or 2009 model. I read it over and just burst out laughing and then shook my head at the ridiculousness of the letter. Hmmm, yes I would like to trade in the car that everyone wanted and that we just bought a month ago. Silly Silly Silly, that was a waste of a 44 cent stamp if you ask me. But it did give Mark and I a good laugh so that was nice.
Jared also got his first official piece of mail addressed to himself yesterday, his social security card came. It also made me laugh to see an envelope addressed to my 3 week old from an official government agency. So now we have 3 copies of his birth certificate and his Social Security Card so he is perfectly legit should anyone question him.


So again I love the mail it makes me happy, and sometimes it even makes me laugh.



And this made me laugh too, it looks like he is trying to scare us, BOO!



Just because he's adorable!

2 comments:

Amber Fryar said...

He is getting so big! It sounds like you are doing good! We miss you here in Greeley though.

Unknown said...

lol! It sounds almost like a scam! Sheesh!

Jared keeps getting cuter and cuter as he grows! And I am so with you. I love getting mail! We don't get a lot, but it's fun when it comes.