As most of you know I am the Primary President in my ward. I was just reading through the new handbook and it appears that the Primary no longer holds Quarterly activities!!! I went to the church website and it also says we don't hold them. Could it really be? Because this would certainly simplify my life!! It would also go along nicely with the whole idea of "People not Programs" (Elder Bednar) and simplifying things that was mentioned often in the worldwide training.
So I am sure some of you (Michele!) are in Primary Presidencies or have friends who are so I am just asking to see if I am just making it up because I would like it to be true or if they have noticed this too. Please leave me a comment if you know something I don't. (Well if you know something about this because I am sure all of you know MANY things I don't.) THANKS!
P.S.Coming very soon, pictures of "Light Up the Broadmoor"
4 days ago






3 comments:
Hi April, So I have been reading the handbook and maybe I missed that section. I haven't heard from my president about that but maybe we have overlooked it? What section did you read that in? I totally agree that it would simplify life so much. I know that they got rid of the activities committee for the wards other than that I haven't heard anything.
I will keep looking and see if I find anything though.
To me it looks like the website is talking about activity days/faith in God program not having quarterly activities. I have not found anything that says the whole primary should or shouldn't hold them. You should probably ask your bishop.
Post a Comment