Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Today


1. I voted!  And it made me feel really good, I felt responsible and like a good person. I love my "I Voted" sticker and am still wearing it.
2. I got my new Colorado Drivers License in the mail which was perfect timing since I would need it to vote.  I am happy to report that I once again have a license from the state that I live in with the correct address.  After we got married I needed a new license so I could have my name changed on it so I got a Utah license.  Well I haven't lived in Utah since 2005 so I was actually really happy that it was expiring this year.  Colorado is way cheaper and I didn't have to take a driving or written test.  In Utah I recall having to take the written test but they let me use the book so maybe they were really testing my ability to read? I was sort of disappointed though because the Colorado License is not too attractive it's pretty boring.  I am happy with my picture which is nice except I look at it and think that's what I look like?  Not in a negative way just sort of hmmm.  It's hard to explain.
3. I bought some cold medicine for Mark. I went up to the register and the cashier asked if I was over 18 and I was sort of confused (then remembered that they check your age on cold medicine too) so before this clicked I said "Yes I'm 27" as I was pulling out my shiny new Colorado license.  Then the cashier really made my day and told me that I look younger then her and she is only 24. So sure that is only a three years difference but it's still nice.
In summary I am really glad that I got my new license today as it proved very useful.  I did some other things  today too but those are what I wanted to talk about.
My name is April Lee Spencer and I approve this message.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You're so cute. I'm glad your license mad you so happy. Did you know AZ drivers licenses last for like 30 years? And you don't have to take a test.