Wednesday, November 10, 2010

How cold is too cold...

To take your 13 month old on a walk?

I love going on morning walks but I don't really want to freeze poor Jared.  So I am just asking if anyone has any opinons on this matter to please leave it on here.

Last night we had our first snow!  I love how pretty snow is.  When you are sitting inside all warm and you look out and see little flakes falling.  It's magical. You can drink hot chocolate and snuggle under a blanket with some Christmas music on in the background if you so choose.  It's wonderful.  I don't find it so magical when I have to drive far but I have been really happy with Colorado Springs snows so far.  The snow comes and then melts away in the next 2 days or so.  Granted last winter was said to be super mild and I really wouldn't have minded even more snow we will see what this year has in store. I just really love seasons. These aren't super cool pictures or anything just a first.

Our house with Snow.


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

When we visit Jeff's family, we go on Winter Picnics. This is Montana - cold and snow and cold. We just bundle the kids up and have fun! So I think if he's not sick and he's bundled up tight you should totally go on walks still!

Candie said...

I would say, do it, bundled up of course, and see how he reacts. If he seems to be fine, his lips and fingers aren't blue then you're good to go! Marlie gets grumpy if her hands get really cold, but if she is bundled, she does ok. (You may consider sunglasses if it's real snowy out and the sun is shinning.)