Saturday, March 9, 2013

Climbing, walking and blowing kisses

Yesterday I walked around the corner into our kitchen and found Lydia doing this: 
 


She was quite pleased with herself. Clearly, climbing is her latest accomplishment.

Further Evidence:



 
 I have been carrying our camera around because I have yet to get a really good video of her walking which turned out to be helpful for these moments. She is gaining more confidence and walking more frequently but definitely prefers crawling. The chairs at this table have now been put into the pantry because the idea of Lydia falling off the table onto our hard tile is not a nice one.
 
She has also decided blowing kisses is pretty fun too. I think its so sweet.
 

 
And I think black beans may now be her favorite food. She has always like them but now just wants more and more.  She is doing well with her signing occasionally signing "all done" and "yes".
 

We have also discovered that "buh" is bananas and "bahl" is ball.  When she is really upset or sad she will cry out MaMa MaMa.  It may be nice to hear her call for me other times besides when she is pain but I will take what I can.  She did say Dada the other day while Mark was holding her so I really think she is making connections and now I can say so at her next check up!  She is having a really hard time with her naps this past week.  It could be the walking or the talking or the climbing that is interrupting her some, at least that is what the "experts" (or just websites) say. She does great for her morning one and sleeps in the afternoon every 2 days or so.  I am actually really looking forward to her going to one nap. I dreaded it with Jared but now I know I know how nice it can be. It will be extra nice to have her, Jared and Tanner all sleeping at the same time. I need to try to figure out when to stop Jared's naps but maybe I will wait for summer.  I will miss them. 

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Stop his naps? I think that's something I would just let come naturally. Both my kids have stopped napping on their own now and it is a sad, sad thing.