Sunday, March 17, 2013

Saint Patricks Day Fun

We've had a lot of fun with rainbows, gold coins, shamrocks and leprechauns the last few weeks. This morning Jared woke up to find a trail of gold coins leading from his bedroom around the house to find his treasure.


 
We made Green Shamrock pancakes for breakfast which both kids loved and drank from our special rainbow mugs. Jared has been enjoying his special cereal (Lucky Charms) all month and part of his treasure today was just marshmallows cereal. He was so happy.


 
We made fun art projects and had special learning time activities such as:
 
 
Skittles and Lucky Charm graphing:
 
 
Rainbow Rice
 
 Rainbow Necklaces with Cheerios.
I really like how hard he is concentrating.  This was pretty tricky for him in the beginning but by the end he could do it really quick. He was so proud of his work that he didn't even want to eat it after we finished. It is still hanging on his closet door (Hopefully not attracting unwanted things)




 
We finished off with a special Saint Patrick's day bath. It was a little traumatic for Jared because Lydia spilled some of his shaving cream paint but in the end he enjoyed it. I thoroughly enjoyed doing all these things with him and am so lucky to be these two sweet kids mom and to have Mark as my partner.




I saw these online and decided they were too cute to not make.   I took them to the ladies I visit teach.

Our Easter activities will be a little off this year because we will not be home for Easter.  We leave on Friday for a week in Arizona followed by a week (or maybe less since we will have already been gone a long time) in Utah.  I have been checking out the weather and think I am going to have to pack for like 2 trips instead of 1 and I already way over pack every time we go somewhere. I couldn't believe how hot it already has been in AZ.  Yuck. And who knows if it will be spring like or winter like in Utah. We are pretty excited to see family and friends, check out this big canyon in AZ and go to my dear friend Kim's wedding.  It will be a long great trip! Wish us Luck!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Love love love all the fun activities you did!!! You are such an awesome mom!! It is cool for me to see the things you are doing with Jared now because it gives me a preview of the things I can do with Jaden in another year. So fun! :) Yay for holidays!!