I am not sure if he was more excited about singing and being up front or just being by Mark. We sang the songs a few times the week before and he knew all the words to both songs. They called the Primary kids up and he marched right up to the stand. He chose the right side of the stand (in front of Mark) and was ready to go. Then disaster struck. The Chorister wanted all the kids on one side of the stand and Jared did not want to move. He got moved over and lost it. He tired so hard to be brave. All during the first song he stood with lip quivering and his fingers by his mouth and then they started the second song and he just started sobbing. It was so heartbreaking! I have never felt so awful for Jared as I did right then. It made me start to cry. My sweet little boy was up there and I couldn't help him. I kept waiting for him to go to Mark but he was just frozen. I found out that Mark was trying to get some kids to send Jared to him but it took awhile. I am pretty much tearing up as I write this. It was just so sad. Jared eventually got over to Mark who helped calm him down and there he stayed for the rest of Sacrament meeting. Which he loved by the way. It is Mark's month to conduct so when he got up I saw him place Jared in the Bishop's lap where Jared was content until Mark was done then he was ready to go back to Mark.
The chorister was talking to me about it when I dropped Jared off for Sunbeams and she felt so bad. She said that she thought maybe Jared was claustrophobic because he kept saying "its too crowded, its too crowded" as she tried to get him to move over. Jared was not terribly loud but definitely loud enough to interfere with the singing. I bet she wished she had just let him stay on that side! It was so so heartbreaking. I am glad Mark was right there so he could comfort Jared. I hope he won't be too worried next time they sing. He was fine for the rest of church. It probably took me longer to feel better. I just felt so helpless and sad. It's hard to fathom how many more times I will feel this way as his Mom.
Lydia had fun playing in her toy box before we went to church. She took all the toys out and had a great time.
All dressed up for Saint Patrick's Day.
So sweet! I love this picture. It is my new favorite of Mark and Lydia.






1 comment:
Super cute pictures!!
I am so sorry about the sad experience during the singing time. :( I can just imagine if I were in your shoes how much I would want to run up there and just hold my little boy and let him know everything is ok. Just thinking about it makes me fight back the tears myself. That is sweet that Jared was able to sit with Mark on the stand though.
Sorry you have mice too! That has got to be super frustrating!
Post a Comment