Jared also started swim lessons this week. His first day was pretty confusing for him. He really hasn't spent a lot of time in swimming pools. I think he has been in a pool 8-10 times in the last 3 years. His second day was much better. He is such a happy kid. I am sure as the swim teachers it was frustrating that he didn't listen but I just think he didn't know what they were talking about. They would say "Listen to the fishes" (Put your ear in the water) and "talk to the fish" (blow bubbles in the water) "Do a bob" (go all the way under the water) and he just sort of looked at them like they were crazy and smiled politely. I am glad that even though he didn't know what to do he waited nicely and stayed happy. I really like the teachers too. There are 7 kids in the class with two teachers. They are nice and patient. Day 2 and 3 have been easier although he cannot do "big arm circles" for the life of him. We did practice some at home but we will need to practice a lot more. It is fun to see him in a new environment. This is his first organized class ever. He will be attending preschool 2 days a week when school starts again and is just growing up so fast! He just brings us so much happiness.
And how could you not smile when you see this:
Watermelon Girl






No comments:
Post a Comment