Thursday, January 23, 2014

Birthday Fun!

Sweet Lydia turned two years old today and we had a great time celebrating her! Since Mark had Monday off we took her and Jared over to a bounce house to play. They loved it.  It was the same one we went to for Jared's birthday in October.  I could tell that they seemed more confident right from the start since they were familiar with it. We had fun bouncing around.





Today was her actual birthday so we started the day off with donuts and chocolate milk two items reserved for special days. She was thrilled. I went to the store Wednesday night to pick them up and they had none! So Mark helpfully picked them up on his way home from seminary. She got an extra bonus today because we had a great snowstorm last night (4 inches of powdery fluffy snow) so Mark had a two hour delay.



 After lots of playing and a great nap (which I used to make her cake) we waited anxiously for Mark to get home. Lydia opened presents when he got home and then Lydia and Jared played with them happily while Mark and I cooked her favorite dinner, beef stroganoff.  Jared wanted so badly to help her open her presents. I don't know how many times I said "Who's birthday is it today?" He handled is quite well which was great.



I made Lydia a personalized alphabet book and she loved it. It made me so happy to see her so excited to see herself in a book. She has looked at Jared's a lot so I think its extra fun for her to have her own.



I LOVE this picture of the two of them looking at their personalized ABC books.  Makes me feel like I know my kids and what they will enjoy. I enjoyed making them.

Lastly we ate Lydia's castle cake.  I am happy to say that what I pictured in my mind came to life. She was really happy with it and I enjoyed making it for her. I love how the turrets came out. I know it sounds weird but I love how homemade it looks. I think it turned out really well but you can tell that someone who loves her made it. I don't know if I am expressing that the clearest way.  It just made me happy.




It was a fun day and I am excited to start our birthday traditions with her next year. 

1 comment:

Linda said...

Yay for a fun birthday for miss Lydia! She looks so happy! I love that you made both your kids personalized ABC books! So awesome! Her cake is super cute too and made with lots of love.

I am so so so excited to hear about your trip this summer! You are going to love it!!! One big tip I recommend is getting the PhotoPass (in advance to save $$)!! They take as many pictures as you want and they truly are the take home memories of the trip!! I think it is worth every penny. Your kids are going to have a blast!!