Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Last day of preschool

Last Thursday was the last day of preschool. What a fabulous year it was!  Such nice, supportive families and kids who really enjoyed being together. They were such a great first group. 

Dallin Bean, Camden Arnold, Lydia Spencer, Lainey Lenox. 
Cam is coming back next year and if the Lenox's don't move Lainey will too. 

We had a regular class day and then we drove over to Chris Greene Lake for a picnic and end of the year ceremony.  I made photo collages for each child of different activities from the year and gave them each a bag of chalk with a note reading,"Hope your summer is chalk full of fun" and I gave them each a Pink Lady Apple.  90% of the time I brought a Pink Lady Apple for my snack sliced and peeled and each kid would ask me for a slice of apple.  The families got me flowers and wrote me such sweet notes of thanks.  I had been thinking about teaching a preschool for about 3 years and am so glad that I got to work with such a great group and truly enjoyed teaching preschool so much.  I am excited to teach again this Fall. I'm really happy with how this year turned out. I feel like my lesson were fun and informative and the right level for this age. I liked the schedule I set up and am excited to plan out next year. It will be similar but more age appropriate. I still think kids need to play and have fun and they do learn doing that but I will step it up some since they are going to kindergarten.

One of our last activities we did was to make ice cream in a bag.  We mixed up our ingredients in one bag then double bagged it and added the ice and rock salt.  To make the ice cream the preschool kids (and later Jared with the Shaw's)  had to shake it up for a good 5 minutes of rigorous shaking.  The experiment worked as well as the participants shook it up.  In preschool Lydia had really runny ice cream but when we did it again after school hers was nice and solid.  It was a fun little activity. I so love doing these things with my preschool class and with Jared and Lydia. I have had a harder time getting them done for just Jared and Lydia, well mostly Jared since she does them in class and hope I can plan better for him to do them to next year.



In exciting news, I got an email today saying that my preschool license was issued.  It's official!  I met all the regulations, now I just need to get enough students to make it worth the time and money I put in to get it.  I can have up to 7 kids if Lydia is in the class or 8 if she is not. I feel it would be good for her to go elsewhere but the logistics of it all is kind of crazy. We will see. She seems perfectly happy to stay at my school. I was talking to Dallin's Mom and she mentioned that each time they talk about his new preschool (since they moved it is a long drive for them from Ivy) he tears up and says he doesn't want to go. I know it will work out great for him but I am glad he enjoyed this year with me so much!  I did too and will miss these kids together. 

No comments: