Mark's niece Hannah and her husband Matt just moved out here with their 8 month old baby Norah. They are living in Lynchburg just over an hour away from Charlottesville. We are really happy they are here and hope we can meet up with them often. Our chances are pretty good as we have a Costco and Lynchburg does not and we are pretty fun people. They came up yesterday so we had a fun Mothers Day brunch with them. Lydia was so excited to see Baby Norah and Matt has a deep love for Star Wars just like Jared so Jared was happy to have someone else around who appreciates Star Wars like him. We had delicious crepes, eggs and ham and green smoothies. After visiting at our house for a bit we headed over to walk the Monticello Trail. Last week was really rainy so we were anxious for a day outside. The weather was perfect and we were able to walk the whole trail (4 miles round trip). To be safe we brought our stroller and it was a good idea. Lydia and Jared had good attitudes and Norah even got in a little nap. Mark doesn't get to head over there often so he was happy we made it all the way. After our walk we headed over to Costco and then they went back to Lynchburg and we headed home. It really will be nice to have them out here. It will most likely be for just a year but we will make the most of it.
Before I went to bed last night I started to have some pretty bad allergy symptoms. Lots of pressure in my sinuses, a bad headache and stuffy nose. I decided that I would stay home from church and it was a good idea. I typically enjoy church but I also enjoy having 3 hours of quiet time all to myself which rarely happens. I could do without the allergy stuff that is still lingering but it was a nice morning. Mark made orange chicken for dinner, my favorite meal and I got some things I wanted and cute letters from Jared and Lydia. Even though its a hard job its super enjoyable too. I love being Jared and Lydia's Mom.
I took a picture like this of all the preschool kids to give their Mom. Hers was pretty funny because of the members in our family I get rid of the least amount of bugs/flies.
No comments:
Post a Comment