
Awhile ago I wrote abut how Lydia accidentally broke one of the panels in one of the windows in our basement. (A very pricey accident) Because of this we ordered some new windows, one by our kitchen sink and three in our basement. Today they got installed and they are beautiful. I especially like the one by our kitchen sink, its the very best. The old one was so dirty and it had this yucky cover on it. Now I walk in the kitchen and it feels so much bigger. We used Window Depot and I hope we can order some more next Spring. They are split windows where you can open either the top or the bottom and can move the screen to match up to whichever one you want open. The coolest part is that they fold forward or into the house so you can wash both sides from inside the house. Its kind of amazing. We have never had windows like this and I love it. Only now I will feel obligated to wash my windows. I'm pretty sure I haven't washed them since we moved in almost a year ago... I have washed our sliding glass doors but not the windows. I should start doing that. The window guys said that we should really see a difference in the temperature in the basement which will be nice (and the sound) because it was really cold in there this Winter.
Before and After Pictures. (Really bad ones.) It was super cloudy and even rainy while they were installing them. It will be fun to see them on a nice sunny day. It has been so nice to look out our kitchen window and be able to see so much more. And to not be watching spiders catch bugs and eat them... which is what has been going on the last few weeks.
The one that started it all.
Broken Panel, bottom middle. We put contact paper on it till we could get these installed.
These were super foggy before. It's hard to see how bad they were in this light (the top left was the worst) but you can still see the difference below.
The seal had been broken I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment