It's been a busy few days! We got together with friends tonight and ran our last mile. I am so proud of Jared. This was a lot of running and he did it! He really enjoyed it and I am so proud of him for setting this goal and sticking with it. The last week he went running with me and ran 2 miles without stopping 3 different times. He did great. I asked him if he thought he would keep running and he said probably once a week. It was so fun to get together with friends and run. We celebrated with popsicles and super cute medals that my friend Tara made. Lydia wanted to sleep with hers on. Earlier in the week we asked Lydia if she wanted to run today and she said she did and asked Mark to run with her. They did great. She ran it all and was cute to watch. I am so proud of them both. Especially Jared not only for meeting his goal but for being okay with not finishing first. He came in 5th and was quite happy with himself. It was great to see him being a good sport and enjoying the event. Tara and I were on finish line duty. I brought some crepe paper and we held it across the finish line for the runners to break through, they loved it! We can't wait to do it again next year. I am so grateful for the awesome friends we have here.
I told him to give me his best runner pose.
He's so handsome.
So proud of these great kids!
Last night we went to Baker Butler for Jared's kindergarten program, "The 12 Days of Kindergarten." There were cute songs and they all did really well. He was really happy to have a speaking part and did a great job. His line:"3 pencils, what could be better? Now I'm off to practice writing my letters."
He also did a group dance performance.
3 Pencils!
He was happy he got to sit by his best buddy Tyler. A few weeks ago they dressed up for twin day. It will be so sad for Jared when they are not in the same class next year. (I think his chances are pretty slim that his teacher would advocate them being in the same class. They are not naughty or disrespectful but they will talk to each other any chance they get.) We meet up with the Shaw's for a playdate once a week and I hope we can keep doing that. They are such a nice family. I have really enjoyed getting to know Julie. Lydia thinks Tyler's older brother Sam is pretty amazing. He is in second grade. We are so glad they moved here.
Last Friday Mark took Jared to the father son campout. They had a great time. It's still been pretty rainy around here but they got a lucky break and had great weather. Mark met up with the Shaw's (Tyler and Sam and their dad Chris) and Wooter's (Harrison and Stuart). It was a pretty low key event preparation wise. They ate dinner at 5 guys then set up camp. The stake provided breakfast and had a few activities planned for Saturday morning. There was a fireside planned for that night and Mark and Jared went down but left before it got started because it was getting close to 9:00. It was a great night. Lydia and I went out to Wendy's (her choice) and watched a movie together. After she went to bed Julie (Shaw) and Ashely (Wooters) came over to hang out with me. It was fun to chat with them and fun that we hung out while the boys were camping out. Again, we are so fortunate to have such great friends here.













No comments:
Post a Comment