We did a really fun Cat in the Hat STEM activity in preschool. While it takes me a lot of time to plan my curriculum and prepare everything I love that I get to choose what and how to teach. It's lovely. We are doing a mini study on different authors right now since March is National Reading month and its been a lot of fun. The preschool kids could have done this activity for much longer than we did! So rewarding. And why not make some cat in the at whiskers? I realized just recently that I haven't written much about preschool on here but I should change that because this is Lydia's preschool experience. So even though they are "my students" I should share pictures of her as any parent would of their child doing fun, cool cute, preschool activities. I have all the pictures but I should write more about her experiences so then she can one day tell her kids about what she was like in preschool. Things I realize while blogging. Seems I better keep it up.
We recently acquired some new furniture in our house. A sister in another ward here posted on Facebook that they were giving away this awesome girls bedroom set for free. I just happened to be on the computer when she did it and asked about it and got it! It was a bit of a headache picking it up because for whatever reason we could not get the trailer we borrowed to attach to the highlander! (the family we borrowed it from just offered it to us to use. It was so thoughtful! Sometimes I hesitate to attempt these things because logistics could be crazy so it was just really nice that they offered before I even had to ask anyone.) We had just used it over the weekend so it was so weird that it was not attaching. Mark finally felt it was secure and off we went only to get just past our house on our road and have it fall off!! We pulled over and after another 10 minutes got it on for real. The family we got the set from lives in Crozet which is a good 30 minute drive from here and this time around it was a really stressful drive as we were concerned the trailer would fall off any minute and A cause a major traffic headache at a busy time B damage the trailer. Lucky we found their house loaded it up and made it back safely and Lydia is now enjoying her new set. We both love it.
I love the mini wardrobe that fits right under the bed, really, I love it all. (You can just see it behind the ladder.) It has all her extra stuffed animals and blankets in it. So nice to have a place for them and other treasures too. She talks about her new bed a lot and loves the desk and how high the bed is.
We also got this really tall new bookcase. The one we had for the last 5 years or so had become really unstable for the last 6 months or so. I really wanted to go to Ikea and shop around (I've never been) but Mark did not want to go there on a Saturday (which most people we mentioned it to agreed was a wise choice) so he found one online. It arrived yesterday and looks nice. Big, but nice it will just take a little bit of time to adjust but not too long. It's great to have the 2 extra shelves as we only had 3 before. We are planning a trip to Ikea during Spring break which will be a fun different outing. Thats how we roll, our spring break plans include checking out Ikea. Well, we are also going to have Hannah and Matt watch Lydia and Jared while Mark and I go to North Carolina for a night and 2 days which will be a fun treat.
I haven't taken too many pictures of all the beautiful Spring blooming going on around here mostly because like the Fall colors my pictures are never as beautiful as in real life but the other day I was driving to Jared's school to pick him up and looked down a side street and saw the most beautiful trio of trees. I love seeing all the Spring colors. A teacher Mark works with mentioned to Mark that the trees at Chiles Peach Orchard, also in Crozet, had all bloomed so we stopped by on our way home today and it was gorgeous. I am so glad we stopped. A beautiful sea of pink.
And to end, some solid advice from Lydia:
Love is more.
We did a community helpers theme at preschool recently and I set up a cute little post office activity and put out lots of envelopes so we have been delivering a lot of mail around here. Lydia loves sending mail and writing notes/drawing pictures but the envelopes have increased such offerings. She and Jared played "mail delivery" for a really long time after school one day. It was great.












No comments:
Post a Comment