Sunday, March 19, 2017

Saint Patrick's Day

It was fun to have another holiday to celebrate.  Lydia has been looking forward to it pretty much since Valentines ended and we put up our Saint Patrick's decorations and Jared has been plotting his Leprechaun trap since last year so yeah, they were excited.  Who am I kidding I was about as excited as them.  The night before I had fun rearranging our furniture and turning pictures upside down. Most of the mischief was in the front room but I also switched some of Lydia's stuffed animals with Jared's and their alarm clocks.  Books were turned upside down and food was of course turned green.  I left a trail of gold coins for them both and a little note with a bag of gold coins. We sure are lucky to have Jared and Lydia.

They both made sure they wore green pajamas, they weren't taking any chances of getting pinched.




Finding the note and coins. 

A little rainbow treat


Green shamrock pancakes and green milk



Jared wanted to sleep downstairs in our basement so he could catch the leprechaun in case the trap didn't work but I didn't to endorse that.  He placed a penny on top of the trap to attract the leprechaun and I ended up taking it.  He was so upset that the Leprechaun stole his penny.  We will see what he 
comes up with next year.  


Checking out the note the Leprechaun left. 


Dinner treats. Sherbet and sprite float and green Jello.  


My sweet family visited me at work and brought me some of the dessert I made but didn't have time to eat before leaving.  (Mint brownies with a layer of mint ice-cream, chocolate ganache and cool whip) They also shamrock attacked my car.  A few days before Saint Patricks day Lydia told me that they had a surprise planned for me while I was at work.  She is sometimes not the best at keeping secrets. I loved it.  My favorite line" You Sham-rock our world".  So lucky they are mine.

No comments: