Monday, May 8, 2017

Temple, Bike riding and Photo gallery

I had the chance to go to the temple Saturday with the Relief Society.  It was really nice to go up.  I was happy to ride up with sisters and visit with them and I hadn't done a session in awhile and it turned out to be a very nice outing.  A friend and I were able to do some family names for a friend in the ward and it was nice to be able to help him out. It's strange to think that in 10 short months the DC temple will no longer be an option for a bit. Things are going okay for Mark in his calling.  He commented to his brother that he had felt that the Lord was really taking it easy on him, slowly easing him into it and now 2.5 months later its getting tougher.  It will be a lot of learning for him and the rest of us too.  We saw a friend at church today whose husband has been serving as the bishop for the past 5 years and we chatted a bit about the different types of bishop's spouses that she had observed. She talked about how she "interviewed" lots of Bishops wives that she knew to get their perspective and she mentioned that it seemed like wives were either more of another counselor to their husband (as much as appropriate) or just not really that involved. Supportive, but didn't want to know what was going on. Myself and this friend are both more of the latter type.  She said that sometimes people will come up to her and say, "I don't know what you heard but I am sorry about what happened at ward council or fill in the blank with any gathering." She just looks at them and says (nicely) "I have no idea what you are talking about but I think you're awesome" and gives them a big hug.  I will never really know what people think but honestly I sort of just hope they don't really pay that much attention to me. I am pretty boring, not much going on, just trying to do my part and more when I can.  Anyway.  Mark is working hard and I hope he continues to feel supported and guided by the Spirit.

After I got back from the temple we went on a short family bike ride.  Lydia has moved up to Jared's old bike and loves biking so much now.  She is so happy she can ride faster and be on a bigger bike. On Saturday she figured out how to start herself on this bike. She was fine on the other one because it was lower to the ground but was having a hard time getting it on this one and now she's got it.  We rode around the church parking lot for awhile and then rode down the street to the fire station.  It was not very nice bike riding weather but I will always take 60 and cloudy over 90 and sunny so it worked out well for me. We got to try out our awesome new bike rack and it worked great. We are excited for family bike rides this summer.




We also ordered some prints of our new family pictures.  I really like our old pictures from 2014 and have been hesitant to take them down so we decided to go with the ever popular idea of a gallery wall.  I found some matching frames at Kohls and got a really good deal on them and we hung them all up Saturday night.  I think it turned out well. The biggest dilemma is that the wall we hung them on is right next to our door so when the door gets shut hard, which it frequently does, they are no longer straight. Oh well. Its easy enough to fix and fun to have both sets of pictures up.  When I looked around our front room I think, man this is a lot of pictures of us!  But it worked out fine.

 

No comments: