"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier. You will know new satisfactions. A new gladness in your heart."
Gordon B. Hinckley
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Sunny with a chance of Isolated Thunderstorms
I mentioned these storms a few posts ago but now I have some pictures!
I love rain/thunder storms! I love to see the clouds roll in and the wind pick up and then BANG! the thunder and lightning. Mark and I love to sit on the balcony and feel the temperature drop and watch the storm. For the first few weeks of June we had some amazing storms. Never mind that there was tornado watch every day for like a week. Things seemed to have calmed down a bit and the days are getting in the upper 80's or low 90's. I feel so bad for my poor family out in California where it has been over 105 the last few days. Gross! People have said that July is the hottest month in Colorado and I am hoping that the storms continue instead. It has made walking around the park a lot easier in the morning and the storms are so fun to see since we really never had weather like that at home. Even when we lived in Utah we never got storms like the ones we have seen out here. Its funny though because when there is a tornado watch there is just something about the weather being so unstable that you have this pull to stand on the balcony or look out the window. I always thought that the one Natural Disaster I really didn't want to deal with was tornadoes. They are just so fast and unpredictable, they could carry your whole house away! Last May a town right next to Greeley called Windsor was hit by a tornado. We had already decided to move here and my Dad kindly informed me that Weld County (which is the county Greeley is in) gets the most tornadoes in all of Colorado. In its defense it is also like the biggest county in Colorado. So far so good though, just three more weeks!
On the drive back from Colorado Springs, it was nice and sunny and then it got super dark.
Some hail on the balcony, not huge but good sized.
I have always been into checking the weather before I get ready for the day. Every day here it says mostly sunny with a chance of isolated thunderstorms. Here on the radio whenever the announce the weather they always say: "Today will be sunny with a chance of Isolated thunderstorms, like every other day." In a way it sort of makes a good life motto. Things are nice but watch out something could sneak up on you. I have often found myself thinking "Oh, things have been going really well lately, I wonder what trial is going to come up." But then I try to remind myself that I really should just be enjoying the blessings that I do have not worrying about what could happen. I am grateful that life is "mostly sunny with a chance of isolated thunderstorms." It's so great to know that I am a daughter of God and am always watched over.
I think we all do that! Or maybe it's just you and me. lol! Just wait until Jared is born! Everything will still be wonderful, but you'll be tired enough to sleep a year! ;)
i love your pictures! I can't believe you got hail!
1 comment:
I think we all do that! Or maybe it's just you and me. lol! Just wait until Jared is born! Everything will still be wonderful, but you'll be tired enough to sleep a year! ;)
i love your pictures! I can't believe you got hail!
Post a Comment