Thursday, August 6, 2009

Our new place

Here are some pictures of our new apartment. We are really happy with it. Mark has been busy at school and I have been busy trying to stay busy, and doing a pretty good job of it too. It is so strange that he is back at school working and I am not. Its also pretty nice too. It is also really making me look forward to Jared's arival, not that I wasn't already but it is sort of the reason I am not working. After school each day I head over to Mark's school and help him in his classroom. Its been fun to get to meet the teachers that he will be working with. Next week or so I will take some pictures of his classroom but for now here is our new place that we both love.


I am sure I will get pretty tired of these stairs when I have a car seat or other baby stuff to carry, but I do prefer being on the second floor so I can have our blinds open and people are not walking right by us.


Here is the view from our balcony, no mountains but it is nice to have the grass instead of the parking lot. I thought the playground would be really loud but now that school has started it has been nice and quiet during the day.



What you see right when you walk in. The hallway leads to the bedrooms and bathroom but they aren't really very exciting so no pictures.


Our comfy chair. Its great for reading in.
Also, the stand the TV is on is one we got Tuesday at ARC (a thrift store in Colorado). The one we had in Greeley wouldn't fit in our new place so we left it there and found this one that we like even more for 15 dollars! The funny thing is that the one we bought in Greeley at the ARC there also cost 15 dollars. Such a deal.


The dinning room and kitchen. This is taken from the comfy chair corner.


Dining room. Its also our international corner because it has the pictures of all the places we went (Left wall) and our Egypt pictures/camel clock! We love that clock.

The Kitchen. Our kitchen in Greeley was so small. With my expanding belly Mark and I could barely be in there at the same time and if the fridge door was open I could no longer walk between it and the counter. We love that this kitchen is so open and so much bigger.

*If Peggy B. reads this then yes those are the adorable cherry placemats you made us when we got married and the recipe book is in the corner by the sink. They are so cute!

5 comments:

veryterry said...

Looks like a very nice place. I'm glad you are enjoying it. Have fun trying to stay busy. :) I remember feeling that way a little after I graduated and still had 5 months before Lisa was born. But time goes fast. Love ya!

Lydia said...

wonderful, aren't you on the ball? pictures up on the wall and everything. i'm still wading through mountains of boxes . . .

PeggyB said...

Love your blog! And, yes, those were cute place mats...if I do say so myself! (That was probably the last big sewing project I did and I had a ton of fun doing it for YOU!)

The Marshall Fam said...

Looks like a great place...wish we could have been there to help with the move!

Casey Anne said...

You know, I think we have that same picture frame that is on your Egypt wall (the one that fits a lot of pictures in it)