Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Yellow!

So last weekend we drove over to Gunnison to try to find some nice fall colors and we were successful!  Colorado mostly just turns yellow which is very nice but I am always excited to see lots of colors.  That is the one things I miss about Utah, lots of colors so nearby. Jared did really well in the car and pretty well in the hotel.  He woke up about 3:30 in the morning and would not go back to sleep (I think if we would have let him cry a few minutes after comforting him he would have fallen asleep but there were people in the next room and we like to be considerate. ) which was not fun but eventually after hearing every primary song I know he fell asleep in Mark's arms. Mark's favorite part about the trip was the Huckleberry smoothies we found.  They are his all time favorite and hard to come by so that was pretty exciting.  Here are some of the highlights of our trip.

  Our hotel was right on a golf course so we took a nice stroll Friday evening and saw deer right on the green!


Gunnison is a pretty small town but they had so many trees and they were all this yellow/gold color.  It was great. 


If you look hard enough you can just make out the deer to the left of Jared's right shoulder but he is super cute so you don't really need to see the deer.


I have always wanted to find a road just like this only maybe with a few more colors but I will take it.  So fall like to me.



Mark was trying to get Jared to be happy, it worked only Mark ended up looking a little goofy, just a little though.



Spire Rocks

 

 

We did find some spots of red which was super fun.



 There are so many more pictures but you can get the general idea. We are glad we found a nice place to go to see the colors. 

I thought I would put up lots of pictures for all the readers of this blog who live somewhere that doesn't have pretty colors.  I know I would want to see someone enjoying FALL!! I remember I even asked my sister to take some pictures for me when we were in Egypt.

5 comments:

Linda said...

You got some beautiful pictures!! Yay for Fall!! Glad you had a good little getaway!

Candie said...

I love your pictures, especially the first one!!! Wow. Glad you had a good time. I'll admidt... I'm glad for a little change, Fall is nice. But I will very much miss summer!

veryterry said...

awesome pictures! love the family pic. perfect

Joseph and Kimberly said...

Ahhh, I miss fall and it probably won't look like that in Rexburg when we go home for thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing.

Rebecca said...

Beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing your fall. It's 86 here today and we figured that was pretty fallish. I finally put up autumn decorations though and than helped.

I agree with Mark - Huckleberry shakes are amazing. I think the best is apple/huckleberry pie with chocolate ice cream - best thing I've ever eaten.