Sunday, August 28, 2011

Once Upon A Child

I think this store is great.  I really am not such a fan of garage sales simply because I love the idea of going to one store and seeing things instead of driving around to like 5 places hoping to find something I like. So to me this store is like a huge garage sale all in one place. A branch of this store just opened here in July and I went last week and found the perfect tricycle for Jared.  Our next door neighbor has one that they park on their porch and every time Jared and I would go out to play in the front he would go try to ride it.  I was so happy to find it at such a good price and Jared thinks it is the coolest. He doesn't use the pedals much but loves to push himself along.  I have been trying to figure out what toys to get him as he is getting older.  What are some of your favorite toys for an almost 2 year old boy?  He really loves cars but I am not sure what else he would like or could really play with. 

Love this face! He is getting so big!



Jared is really talking a lot more which is fun.  His new favorite phrase is Uh-Oh!  He sounds so cute when he says it.  He does not sound so cute when he sits down on the floor and sqwuaks when he doesn't get his way. He is defiently having a harder time making good choices.  He has been so even tempered since birth and I am really going to miss it. Maybe it will come back soon. He certainly has his own opinons on what he wants to do whether or not we just told him not to or corrected him. So we have had  a lot more time-outs lately.  It's a major bummer and doesn't seem to be that effective but if we are anything we are consistent.  Church (well Sacrament meeting) was AWFUL today.  Mark was speaking and Jared and I just had to stay out in the hall. We would walk by the Nursery and he would reach toward the door longingly. He was perfect and so happy in Nursery but we couldn't get the kid to cooperate at all the first hour.  I hope our Sundays somehow improve. 
But really if you have any toy suggestions that would be great!

3 comments:

veryterry said...

we got this one doll named Dapper Dan cause it was on sale at a toy store here. If he doesn't already have one, maybe Jared would like something like it. I have noticed that lots of little boys like dolls too! Especially if they have a little play stroller to push it in. Lisa's play stroller was the envy among all the kids, including the little boys, when we lived in Rexburg. :) http://www.amazon.com/Playskool-39173-Dapper-Dan/dp/B002XQ76MY

Rebecca said...

Ty liked pushing a stroller too. He also LOVED and continues to love trains. The wooden Thomas ones are the best and there is a cheaper set that actually fits with the official Thomas ones. I found a huge box at a yard sale, which is the only reason Ty has so many - they are pricey! He started with just the $20 oval set and would play with it FOREVER every day.

Chelsea Ellingson said...

Oh the Sunday routine. It will get better. Yes it will. And then you will have another child and start completely over, sometimes with your previous children as well. I think people in our ward take "shifts" sitting near us because we sit in the same spot every week, but each week someone new is sitting next to us. :-) Some weeks, though, on the drive home we are calm, collected, and suddenly realize we got through all meetings without one fit or tantrum or trip to the foyer. Those are good Sundays. :-)