Saturday, October 27, 2012

Boo at the Zoo!

We had so much fun at Boo at the Zoo tonight.  At first Jared was a little hesitant to wear his costume but he quickly got over it and ended up liking it by the time we got into the zoo.  How could he not like being a cheeseburger?  The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is literally in the mountains so while it was sunny and like 50 degrees at our house 25 minutes away at the zoo the sun had gone behind the mountain and it was chilly.  Luckily both kids costumes are fleece and pretty warm.   They looked so sinking cute!  Lydia was a cupcake but she spent most of the night in the stroller with a blanket on so you couldn't really see her costume. As we walked through the Zoo so many people commented on how cute they were.  It made me happy.  We hadn't been to the zoo in awhile so Jared was excited to be there.  He didn't seem to remember Trick or Treating from last year so we practiced at home and he was quite the pro once we started.  He is looking forward to Halloween night.  Mark and I will dress up then too. We are going as Chef's.   I love theme costumes and this may be the only time I get to do one with all four of us.  Jared will probably have an opinion on what he wants to be next year but maybe I can figure out a theme to go with his, we have all year to figure that out so no worries. 
 
 
Freezing Waiting patiently at the entrance. Jared loved pointing out the other kids costumes. I don't really think it has ever occurred to him that he could dress up like other things. He only got scared by one kids costume. In his defense it was pretty creepy...





No comments: