Monday, October 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Jared!

 We had so much fun for Jared's birthday! The night before his birthday I bought some helium balloons and then at 5:00 in the morning Mark and I snuck into his room and placed them all around so he could wake up to a decorated room.   I think I was more excited then he was!  When he woke up he said "Mommy! There's balloons in my room!" It was so cute.  He loved it and was so surprised! It was awesome and so fun.


Still waking up




Then we went downstairs for his birthday breakfast of donuts and chocolate milk and his birthday interview or 20 questions. I plan on asking him these same 20 questions every year on his birthday.  (And Lydia too once she turns 3) It will be so fun to see his answers change.



20 Questions:

1. What is your favorite color? Blue
2. What is your favorite toy? Thomas (The Train)
3. What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries
4. What is your favorite movie? CARS
5. What do you do well? Walk
6. What do you like to do with Daddy? Trains (make train tracks)
7. What makes you happy? Garbage Truck
8. What is your favorite scripture story? Jesus Christ walking on water and “Hurt Jesus” (crucifixion) 9. What is your favorite animal? Monkey
10. What is your favorite song? “Storm Song” (Tell Me the Stories of Jesus)
11. What is your favorite book? Lucky Puppy
12. Who is your best friend? Lydia ♥
13. Where is your favorite place to go? Church
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Ride Bike
15. What is your favorite drink? Chocolate Milk
16. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
17. What do you like to do with Mommy? Play games
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Oatmeal
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? “Noodles and Sauce” (Beef Stroganoff)

20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Go to School
Next he opened his present from Grandma Sue (train tracks and a Thomas train) and they built a "tricky" (to quote Jared) train track.


 
After dinner we ate his cake, which he said was his favorite part of his birthday (insert proud feeling from me) and opened his presents from Mark, Lydia and I.
 
Jared helped me mix up the cake the day before. I had never made a "fancy decorated" cake before and am really happy with how it turned out.  Far from perfect but it was perfect to Jared and that is what matters.
 




We got him a garbage truck and some Thomas socks.  The funny thing was we totally forgot to give him his presents. I put Lydia to bed and came back downstairs to get ready for the cake and Sue asked us what we got him.  I couldn't believe we forgot!  Jared loves watching the garbage truck during the week. He will stop whatever he is doing and run to the window to watch so when I asked him while ago what he wanted he said very strongly that he wanted a garbage truck. He LOVES it!

 
We had so much fun celebrating this sweet little boy.  We are so happy he is ours.  Its amazing to think we have been parents for 3 years. We are so lucky that he made the transition into parenthood so easy for us. Jared is sweet, thoughtful, silly, and easy going.   I love traditions and can't wait to to continue these with Jared and Lydia over the years. 

1 comment:

The Marshall Fam said...

Such a cute family pic! Happy Birthday, Jared!