Thursday, October 25, 2012

Jared at 3 years

 



Jared had his three year check up today.  He did great.  He was cooperative and helpful. I was answering questions about Lydia for her check up and Jared went calmly with the nurse to be measured and weighed with no problem.  He is growing up, last year he was terrified! He weighs 32 pounds (54% this is the highest he has EVER been in the percentiles) and is 39.5 inches tall (90%) When the Doctor came in Jared was a little apprehensive but warmed up quickly.  He is healthy and right on track. The Doctor mentioned how clear his speech is.  He said typically he looks to be able to understand 75% of what a 3 year old says but with Jared he could understand it all. While the Doctor was examining Lydia (who was not so cooperative but still pretty good) I asked Jared if he could sing the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" to her and he did which was so sweet.  Jared adores Lydia and is always trying to help her or play with her. I love watching them interact. She thinks he is pretty great too.  Her whole little face lights up when he comes into the room. He knows all his letters and how to spell his name.  He can almost count to 20 I sort of stopped at 10 for a long time then realized I could probably teach him more.  We are working on writing the letters in his name and recognizing numbers written down.  He loves to read books with us and play with his train tracks or new dump truck.  Anytime he gets the chance he wants to be outside preferably at a park. He has sadly started playing less with his CARS cars and moved onto Thomas the Train. I was surprised at how sad I was when he started preferring Thomas.  (I find Thomas and Friends rather annoying and way over priced and CARS were his first "thing") It all started a few weeks ago when we asked him if he wanted new CARS underwear or Thomas underwear.  I totally expected him to say CARS and when he didn't I really just wanted to buy the CARS anyway but didn't. I can't believe he has been potty trained for a year now!

Jared is such a pleasant little boy he totally has his moments of irrationality and whining but his pleasant moments completely outnumber those times.  His Nursery leaders loves him and tell us how sad they are he will be leaving soon. I am too.  I think Nursery is so much more fun then Primary. We have been going over the rules for Primary (Do we touch the Piano? NO.  Do we try to use the microphone? NO.) and having him practice raising his hand. I hope that the transition will go smoothly. It's hard to believe its almost that time.



He loves this backpack that Mark's sister Cathryn sent him.  It's Thomas the Train and he wants to wear it all the time.  There is nothing in it, he just loves it.


Helping Grandma Sue with her suitcase. He had lots of fun with her last week and was sad to see her go. 


LOVE this little boy.  He is my favorite three year old.

No comments: