Friday, July 19, 2013

Mt.Cutler Trail

We went on a new fun hike today.  It is located in the same canyon as the other hike but this one was a whole mile up. Jared did great.  As we were walking he would say "I am such a good hiker." He kept saying as we hiked along that when he said his prayers tonight he would be grateful we went hiking. The weather was perfect. One thing I have decided I really like about hiking with young kids is that you don't go on real long hikes so they are more enjoyable.  I am not an amazing hiker. We saw some nice waterfalls, pretty butterflies, fuzzy caterpillars and found some nice sticks.  Mark made us some trail mix and I am pretty sure we will never buy it again because when you make it yourself you get to decide the proportions you want so we got way more M&M's.  He threw some peanut ones in there too which was a little redundant since we had peanuts and M&M's but whatever.  We stopped for our snack at the top and Jared of course just wanted the M&M's..  I should have just given him only peanut ones because then he would have eaten peanuts too.  Lydia enjoyed being in her carrier.  Whenever she got a little bored Mar would sing her some songs and he has such a nice voice. It was a lovely morning hike. There were a few other people on the trail and one pair had their dog with them.  Jared likes seeing dogs Lydia LOVES seeing them.  You know how everybody says a little boy needs a dog (I by the way completely disagree with this statement)?  Well I think Jared would enjoy one but Lydia is the one I would feel more inclined to get one for if I felt that inclination at all which I don't. We did discover that if we are trying to get a picture of Lydia and say "Puppy Dog" she looks right at you and smiles.  I would probably feel guilty saying that if there was not a dog so lets hope dogs walk by whenever we are taking pictures!  It was a great trail and I am really happy we are finding some to hike.




Puppy Dog! 
 The dog had just walked by.

Once we got down we let Jared and Lydia play in the pretty creek at the bottom which they thought was great.

No comments: